Here’s a creamy delicious recipe for Vegan Ranch Dressing made without nuts. Low calorie & made creamy with silken tofu. Perfect for salads, wraps, bowls or as a veggie dip! This can be made oil-free.
Hooray for salad season! The farmer’s markets are open and full of beautiful tender salad greens just waiting to come home with us.
Here’s a little creamy little number that is perfect for some of you out there, watching your calories, cholesterol, oil or fat intake, but still crave something creamy. It won’t work for everyone, because it contains silken tofu (soy) but it will be a godsend for some of you, like it is for me. Vegan Ranch Dressing!
What you will need:
- silken tofu – use firm or extra-firm Silken Tofu, found in most grocery stores and is usually not refrigerated. It is not the same as regular tofu. It has a very silky, grain-free texture, perfect for sauces, soups, dressings and desserts. I like this brand because it is non-gmo and organic. I also like it because it is not refrigerated and doesn’t go bad. I always keep a few in my pantry.
- olive oil (or sub with water — or use half oil, half water)
- garlic cloves (or sub granulate garlic)
- onion powder (or sub a few slices of onion)
- crushed peppercorns ( or stir these in at the end)
- apple cider, red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- nutritional yeast (optional)
- fresh herbs (oregano, dill, tarragon, or parsley) or use dry oregano
How to make a vegan ranch dressing
Place all ingredients in a blender. Add a little liquid ( olive oil or water) to get the blender motor going.
Blend until very very smooth!
Taste and adjust salt, pepper, acid and olive oil to your liking. for extra richness, feel free to add more olive oil.
Store the Creamy Vegan Ranch Dressing in a jar in the fridge for 7- 10 days.
Vegan Ranch Variations:
- Add cajun spice! Viola-Cajun Ranch.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of pesto! Vegan Pesto Dressing.
- Try other herbs- cilantro (for a Mexican twist) and a few slices of jalapeno, or fresh dill, fresh basil, etc.
- For extra depth- like to create a “dip” add 1-2 teaspoons of white miso paste.
More vegan salad dressings you may like:
- Creamy Herby Hemp Seed Dressing
- Creamy Avocado Dressing
- Vanilla Fig Dressing
- Peanut Dressing
- Miso Dressing
- Greek Salad Dressing
Creamy Vegan Ranch Dressing is a simple, basic recipe for you to fiddle with and perfect to your own tastes. I hope you embellish it and have fun with it.
Have a great week!
A delicious recipe for Creamy Vegan Ranch Dressing that can be made without oil! Low calorie & made with silken tofu. Dairy-free, Nut-free, Gluten-Free and ZERO Cholesterol! Perfect for salads, wraps, bowls or as a veggie dip!
- 1 package silken tofu ( 12.3 ounces) firm
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or sub with water — or use 1 T water and 1 T oil– for lower calories)
- 2 fat garlic cloves ( or 2 teaspoons granulated garlic)
- 1 rounded teaspoon onion powder (or a couple slices white onion)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider or sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/4–1/2 cup fresh herbs- dill, basil, Italian parsley, or cilantro or a blend (or use 1-2 tablespoons fresh oregano, or 1 teaspoon dry oregano)
- 1 teaspoon crushed peppercorns (or stir these in at the end)
Place ingredients in a blender and add a little water or olive oil to get the blender going. Scrape down sides as necessary.
Blend until creamy and smooth!
Taste. For extra richness or creaminess, add more olive oil. Add any extras that you like- see notes.
Store in a jar in the fridge for 7-10 days.
Feel free to add cajun spice ( for Cajun Ranch), or a little white miso paste, for extra depth, if using it as a dip. Dressing will thicken as it chills.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons ( includes the 2 Tablespoons olive oil)
- Calories: 61
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 292.7 mg
- Fat: 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.6 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan ranch dressing, vegan ranch, vegan dressing, vegan ranch tofu,