A delicious recipe for Creamy Vegan Ranch Dressing that can be made without oil! Low calorie & made with silken tofu. Dairy-free, Nut-free, Gluten-Free and ZERO Cholesterol! Perfect for salads, wraps, bowls or as a veggie dip!
- 1 package silken tofu ( 12.3 ounces) firm
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or sub with water — or use 1 T water and 1 T oil– for lower calories)
- 2 fat garlic cloves ( or 2 teaspoons granulated garlic)
- 1 rounded teaspoon onion powder (or a couple slices white onion)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider or sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/4–1/2 cup fresh herbs- dill, basil, Italian parsley, or cilantro or a blend (or use 1-2 tablespoons fresh oregano, or 1 teaspoon dry oregano)
- 1 teaspoon crushed peppercorns (or stir these in at the end)
Place ingredients in a blender and add a little water or olive oil to get the blender going. Scrape down sides as necessary.
Blend until creamy and smooth!
Taste. For extra richness or creaminess, add more olive oil. Add any extras that you like- see notes.
Store in a jar in the fridge for 7-10 days.
Feel free to add cajun spice ( for Cajun Ranch), or a little white miso paste, for extra depth, if using it as a dip. Dressing will thicken as it chills.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons ( includes the 2 Tablespoons olive oil)
- Calories: 61
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 292.7 mg
- Fat: 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.6 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan ranch dressing, vegan ranch, vegan dressing, vegan ranch tofu,