and the self must know stillness before it can discover its true song. ~ Ralph H. Blum
Moroccan Pickled Eggplant
Moroccan Eggplant Pickles with garlic, coriander seeds and cilantro. A delicious way to preserve your garden eggplant just a little bit longer! Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with fresh herbs, they make the perfect side to any Mediterranean-style meal.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 quart 1x
- Category: Pickling, Preserved
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Moroccan
- In a medium pot, bring first 6 ingredients to a simmer.
- Slit each eggplant from blossom end almost to stem end twice, crosswise, so that eggplant splays into four “fingers” attached to the stem end.
- Place eggplant in simmering liquid and gently simmer 8-10 minutes or until eggplant is tender. ( Bigger ones will obviously take longer, mini ones shorter)
- Using tongs place eggplant in a jar, stems up, and pour the pickling liquid over top. Refrigerate 12 hours.
To serve, place eggplant on a platter, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with cilantro or Italian parsley.
- Makes a one-quart jar, and keeps up to 4 weeks in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 small eggplant
- Calories: 87
Keywords: eggplant pickles, moroccan eggplant pickles, pickled eggplant, how to pickle eggplant,