This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Here’s a little North African flavor bomb to liven up almost anything – Green Harissa! It’s delicious over grain bowls, rice dishes, roasted veggies or spooned into tacos, wraps or drizzled over chicken, fish or seared tofu.
This version of Green Harissa Sauce can be made with yogurt, silken tofu or even sour cream. Lots of options here friends….vegan adaptable, gluten-free, paleo. Just a little something to help elevate and boost what you are already making at home.
Because I love you. -xo
- Place all ingredients except yogurt in a food processor. Pulse repeatedly until finely chopped. Add yogurt, pulse again until combined, but not too smooth. Taste, adjust salt and heat.
- You can also blend all ingredients in a blender but note that yogurt will get a little runny. It will firm up some in the fridge. It still tastes good, but with a thinner consistency.
- You can swap out sour cream or silken tofu for the yogurt.
- If making the vegan version with silken tofu– blend it in a blender and add 2 tablespoons olive oil, increase the salt to taste and add squeeze of lemon or lime or splash of apple cider vinegar.
This will keep a week in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 26
- Sugar: 1.9 g
- Sodium: 164.2 mg
- Fat: 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.8 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 4 mg
Keywords: green harissa sauce,