Here’s a simple Cleansing Watercress and Citrus Salad with Turmeric Dressing. Peppery watercress, fragrant oranges, creamy avocado and fresh turmeric are all full of anti-oxidants – paired together they are delicious. And that’s not all … this bright, vibrant salad uplifts the spirit and energizes the body especially during the cold dark winter months. There is nothing like the aroma of citrus to bring a little joy into the kitchen. Take a moment to inhale and let it works its magic. It’s the little things, isn’t it? Let’s try to find them today.
- 1 orange - zested, peeled and sliced ( or sub mandarins, blood oranges or tangelos)
- 2 ounces baby watercress
- 1 ripe avocado - peeled and cut into wedges
- a few very thin slices of red onion- optional
- 2 tablesooons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons meyer lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated turmeric root ( or sub ½ teaspoon ground turmeric)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Cracked pepper to taste
- Zest the orange and set zest aside.
- Arrange watercress, avocado, onion and oranges on two plates.
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Spoon dressing over salad when ready to serve.