Warm Winter Salad – a hearty “entree” salad made on a sheet pan with roasted cauliflower, carrots, fennel and chickpeas, topped with spinach, drizzled with Everyday Tahini Sauce and sprinkled with fresh dill and Egyptian Dukkah. Vegan, Gluten-free and low carb. Here are more Vegan Make-Ahead salads!
Hello salad of my dreams! A Sheet Pan Salad? Perhaps a little strange but I’m kind of in love with this Warm Winter Salad, so I’m hoping you keep an open mind. 🙂 It’s a lovely weeknight meal- not only healthy and tasty but really easy, especially if you meal prep the Everyday Tahini Sauce and Dukkah ahead.
And the nice thing is it keeps well and can be reheated for midweek lunches! Lunches you will even look forward too!
Preheat the oven to 425F and begin chopping veggies.
Cut cauliflower and carrots into bite-sized pieces.
Slice fennel in half, remove the core and slice int 1/3 inch thick slices.
Cut an onion into 1/2 inch wedges.
Toss all in a big bowl with olive oil, just enough to lightly coat.
Add lemon zest, spices and salt.
Spread out on one or two parchment-lined sheet pans and roast in the oven until the cauliflower is golden and tender, about 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Move the salad to one sheet pan and top with fresh baby spinach.
The spinach will wilt slightly.
Squeeze with a little lemon and sprinkle with salt and pepper and aleppo chili flakes.
Fresh dill adds a refreshing flavor- or substitute Italian parsley.
This Warm Winter Salad is lovely served right from the sheet pan, while still warm.
Or place the Warm Winter Salad in a serving bowl.
The leftovers last 3 days in the fridge- and feel free to warm up the salad (in a microwave) if you like, for mid-week lunches.
Here are more Vegan Make Ahead salads!
Let us know how you like this Warm Sinter Salad in the comments below!
Warm Winter Salad
Warm Winter Salad – a hearty, Middle Eastern salad made on a sheet pan with roasted cauliflower, carrots, fennel and chickpeas, topped with wilting spinach, drizzled with Everyday Tahini Sauce and sprinkled with fresh dill and Dukkah. Vegan and Gluten-free.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Main, salad, vegan
- Method: roasted
- Cuisine: middle eastern
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2–3 large carrots (or parsnips), peeled and cut into 1 inch thick pieces
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and cut in 1/3 inch thick wedges
- 1 red onion, sliced ito 1/2 inch wedges
- 14-ounce can chickpeas ( rinsed, drained and patted dry) about 1 1 /2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced or use 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons sumac (optional, but tasty)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- zest from one lemon
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place the cauliflower florets, carrots, fennel, onion and chickpeas in a EXTRA large bowl. Toss with the olive oil, minced garlic, coriander, salt, pepper and lemon zest. Toss well.
- Place in a single layer on one or two, parchement lined sheet pans. Bake for 15 minutes, then toss veggies and rotate pans, bake 10-15 minutes more until cauliflower is tender, and edges crispy.
- Make the Everyday Tahini Sauce and the Dukkah.
- If serving on the sheet pan, move all the veggies onto one pan. Spread around evenly. Top with the baby spinach, drizzle the tahini sauce over top (diagonally is nice) and sprinkle with the Dukkah. Squeeze with a little lemon.
- Garnish with the fresh dill and Chili flakes.
Refigerate any leftovers for midweek lunches.
Keywords: warm salad, warm winter salad, winter salad recipes, warm salad recipes, roasted cauliflower salad,