Here’s a quick, fresh and healthy lunch idea. I admit, at first, I too was a little skeptical …but the bright zesty flavors of Meyer lemon together with the richness of the avocado sauce….kept me coming back for more and more bites.
The creaminess of the avocado fools you into believing you are consuming something rich and decadent and cheesy. It’s really hard to believe it is vegan. This can be made in 15 minutes flat, the time it takes to cook the linguine. It can be served warm, or chilled. Either way, it’s tasty, good for you and I think you will like it. Give it a whirl!
Creamy Avocado Linguini with Meyer Lemon and Arugula …a fast healthy vegan meal!
- Boil 8 oz Linguine in salted water
- Puree the rest of the ingredients ( except arugula and zest) in a food processor until completely smooth, scraping down the edges.
- When Pasta is al dente- drain and place in a bowl
- Toss pasta with avocado puree and a handful fresh arugula.
- Taste for salt. Garnish with Meyer lemon zest and fresh cracked pepper.
- Add toasted pine nuts and fresh basil ribbons if you like.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 439
- Sugar: 2.1 g
- Sodium: 450.3 mg
- Fat: 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 53.6 g
- Fiber: 9.9 g
- Protein: 9.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan pasta, avocado sauce, vegan avocado pasta, avocado pasta, vegan dinner