Here’s a quick, fresh and healthy lunch idea. I admit, at first, I too was a little skeptical …but the bright zesty flavors of Meyer lemon together with richness of the avocado sauce….kept me coming back for more and more bites. The creaminess of the avocado fools you into believing you are consuming something rich and decadent and cheesy. It’s really hard to believe it is vegan. This can be made in 15 minutes flat, the time it takes to cook the linguine. It can be served warm, or chilled. Either way, it’s tasty, good for you and I think you will like it. Give it a whirl!
Creamy Avocado Linguine with Meyer Lemon and Arugula
Creamy Avocado Linguine with Meyer Lemon and Arugula by sylvia fountaine, feasting at home blog January-5-2013 A creamy vegan pasta in a flavorful creamy avocado sauce, bursting with bright flavors of Meyer lemon, tossed with fresh arugula.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Vegan
- Cuisine: Pasta
- 8 oz Linguine
- 2 ripe Avocados
- 3 T Meyer Lemon Juice
- 3 T Good olive oil
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- generous handful arugula
- 1 tsp Meyer lemon zest
- optional garnishes- toasted pinenuts, basil ribbons
- Boil 8 oz Linguine in salted water
- Puree the rest of the ingredients ( except arugula and zest) in a food processor until completely smooth, scraping down the edges.
- When Pasta is al dente- drain and place in a bowl
- Toss pasta with avocado puree and a handful fresh arugula.
- Taste for salt. Garnish with Meyer lemon zest and fresh cracked pepper.
- Add toasted pine nuts and fresh basil ribbons if you like.