Truly one of the most delicious salads- Beet Salad with Feta and Pistachios! Red and golden beets are tossed with pistachios, cubes of feta, cilantro and orange zest in a simple citrus vinaigrette. This can be made ahead and kept for 3 days in the fridge. Perfect for special gatherings – a beautiful addition to the holiday table.
Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside awakens.~ Carl Jung
This beautiful Beet Salad with crumbled feta cheese & pistachios would be stunning on your holiday table. But it also works wonderfully for mid-week lunches! Meal-prep this delicious salad ahead, and it will keep 3-4 days in the fridge. A nice treat for yourself!
This is something we like to do at home – prep a couple of salads ahead, just to have on hand for quick healthy lunch or a lovely dinner side dish. That way, if a hunger “emergency” arises, there is always something healthy to eat on hand.
What I love about this salad, is that it can be made in 45 minutes.
Beet Salad | 60-sec video
It starts with cooking the beets and of course, you can do this ahead and refrigerate until ready to make the salad. I used my Instant Pot, and set the pressure to high for 16 minutes, then naturally released and put them in the fridge, making the salad the next day.
How to cook Beets: (Do this ahead!)
- FASTEST: Pressure Cook! Use an Instant Pot to steam beets. Place the steamer basket in the Instant pot with 1 cup of water in the bottom, set to pressure High for 16 minutes for 3-inch diameter beets. Cut extra-large beets in half. Naturally, release.
- 2nd Fastest: Boil beets in a big pot, totally submerged in salted water until fork-tender. 30-50 minutes, depending on size. Cut extra-large beets oil half for faster cooking.
- Steam Beets in a big pot on the stovetop, using a steamer basket. 35-55 minutes, depending on size. Again, I like to cut bigger beets in half for faster cooking.
- Roast Beets in a 425 oven. Oil, salt & pepper them, wrapped in foil or place in a baking dish or baking sheet, covered in foil, and bake 45-65 mins depending on size.
- Take your pick. 🙂
TIP: This Beet Salad with Feta is extra beautiful using all golden beets. I used both here, but golden beets will lose their color when mixed with red beets. For the photos I added the golden beets over the red, to preserve their color for the photos.
I used a block of sheep’s milk feta here, rather than using crumbled, and sliced it into ½ inch cubes.
Feta holds its shape well in the salad!
Add finely chopped red onion and ½ half a bunch of cilantro. ( If you have an aversion to cilantro, fresh mint or Italian parsley works here too.)
But the secret ingredient that brings this salad to life is the addition of orange- both its zest and juice!
The Pistachios and craisins give it great flavor & texture!
This Beet Salad with Feta will keep 3-4 days in a salad container in the fridge.
I hope you enjoy it and let us know what you think in the comments below!
Other Recipes you might enjoy!
- Raw Beet Salad with Basil Cashew Dressing
- Heirloom Tomato, Beet and Burrata Salad with Basil Oil
- Beet, Lentil and Spinach Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
- Farro Salad with Beets and their Tops
- Beet Orange and Fennel Salad
- 2O Fresh Beet Recipes
- Make-Ahead Vegan Salads
Have the BEST day!!!