A quick and easy recipe for Tuscan Tuna Salad with Arugula & White Beans with arugula, radishes, scallions, capers and seasonal tomatoes, with a simple shallot vinaigrette. A simple 15-minute “pantry” meal!
Need a quick meal? Here’s a super easy recipe that can be made with pantry ingredients that comes together in less than 15 minutes! Tuscan Tuna Salad with arugula, white beans, crunchy radishes, tomatoes, parsley and scallions tossed with a simple vinaigrette. Bump this up with capers and avocado, if you have them on hand.
This salad came to be because we are remodeling our kitchen. Actually, Brian is remodeling and I’m just watching but I still like to say “we” – although he’d beg to differ. 😉
Ingredients in Tuscan Tuna Salad with Arugula
- good quality canned tuna
- white beans
- herbs and scallions
- Optional: avocado, radishes, microgreens
Anyhow, I had to clear everything out from the cupboards and vacate to another kitchen and promised myself that this month I’d try to use up some of our forgotten pantry ingredients because as you can imagine, being a recipe developer, it was getting a little out of hand. To put it mildly! 😉
So today, I was pretty proud of myself using up several pantry items in this one recipe!
Plus, it ended up tasting sooooooo good! And it was such a snap to make. So I thought I’d share, in case you too have a pantry problem. 😉
Make these in bowls or in mason jars for packable lunches. ( see recipe notes)
The key to a good pantry meal in my book is adding enough fresh ingredients so it doesn’t actually feel like a pantry meal. Or look like one!
So comb through your fridge and see what fresh veggies you have. Raw crunchy veggies are best here- like radishes!
If tomatoes are not quite in season, feel free to sub thinly sliced asparagus, shredded carrots or beets or even cucumbers. Olives are a nice addition too!
More recipes you may enjoy
- Tuna Pasta with Olive Tapenade & Fresh Tomatoes
- Tuscan Tuna Salad with Arugula & White Beans
- 30 Fresh & Healthy Summer Dinner Ideas!
- Delicious Easy 10-Minute Tuna Salad
Enjoy and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Fast and easy recipe for Tuscan Tuna Salad with arugula, white beans, radishes, tomatoes and a simple vinaigrette. A quick and easy pantry meal that can be made in 15 minutes!
Vinaigrette (serves 4)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vinegar (red wine vinegar, champagne vinegar or sherry vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon very finely chopped shallot (optional, or add finely mince garlic clove)
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard or dijon
Tuscan Tuna Salad (serves 2)
- 2 big handfuls baby arugula
- ½ can ( 14 ounce) of white beans ( about ¾– 1 cup) rinsed, drained
- 1 can white albacore tuna, drained
- 3 radishes, grated, finely sliced or cut into matchsticks
- 10 cherry or grape tomatoes ( or sub 1 turkish cucumber)
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley ( or 2 tablespoons basil)
- 1–2 scallions, sliced (or sub red onion)
- 1 tablespoon capers or sub olives! ( optional but delicious)
- Optional: avocado and microgreens or sprouts
Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a bowl (or shake in a jar) and set aside.
Place arugula in two bowls, divide beans and tuna and add to the bowls. Garnish with radish, tomatoes, parsley, scallions, capers and optional avocado and sprouts.
Spoon dressing over top and season with salt and pepper.
Feel free to make this ahead, waithing to dress before eating. OR make these in mason jars- layering in this order: white beans, tuna, tomato, radish scallions, parsley, dressing and topping with the arugula.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 368
- Sugar: 3.3 g
- Sodium: 494.9 mg
- Fat: 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 28.6 g
- Cholesterol: 36.1 mg
Keywords: tuna salad recipes, tuscan tuna salad, mediterranean tuna salad recipe, white bean salad, white bean salad recipe, white bean tuna salad recipe