A simple recipe for Tuscan White Bean & Tuna Salad with arugula, radishes, tomatoes and a simple balsamic vinaigrette. A quick and easy pantry meal that can be made in 15 minutes!
Vinaigrette ( serves 4 )
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vinegar ( balsamic, red wine vinegar, or sherry vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon very finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard (optional)
Tuscan White bean and Tuna Salad ( serves 2)
- 2 handfuls baby arugula
- ½ can ( 14 ounce) of white beans ( about ¾- 1 cup) rinsed, drained
- 1 can white albacore tuna in water, drained
- 3 radishes, grated, finely sliced or cut into matchsticks
- 10 cherry or grape tomatoes ( or sub 1 turkish cucumber)
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1–2 scallions, sliced ( or sub red onion)
- 1 tablespoon capers or sub olives! ( optional but delicious)
- sunflower sprouts ( optional but delicious)
Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a bowl (or shake in a jar) and set aside.
Place arugula in two bowls, divide beans and tuna and add to the bowls. Garnish with radish, tomatoes, parsley, scallions, capers and optional sprouts.
Spoon dressing over top and season with salt and pepper.
Feel free to make this ahead, waithing to dress before eating. OR make these in mason jars- layering in this order: white beans, tuna, tomato, radish scallions, parsley, dressing and topping with the arugula.
Keywords: tuna salad recipes, tuscan tuna salad, mediterranean tuna salad recipe, white bean salad, white bean salad recipe, white bean tuna salad recipe