This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Pineapple and the most flavorful Chipotle Marinade. Sweet, tangy, smoky with a little spice- a delicious combination of flavors!
Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers. Mmmmmmmm with a capital M!!!! We devoured this a couple of nights ago! Juicy, sweet, and tangy pineapple snuggled up with subtly spicy smokey shrimp, are so good together.
Marinated, skewered, grilled, and served with this refreshing Jicama Mango Slaw and a couple of effervescent glasses Vinho Verde – such a delicious, healthy and light summer meal.
What you’ll need to make Grilled Shrimp Skewers:
- fresh pineapple
- skewers- metal, or soaked wood skewers
- olive oil
- a lime
- an orange
- honey or maple syrup
- chili powder
- chipotle powder, more for spicy or ½ of a chipotle chili in adobo sauce)
- Garnish – limes, cilantro, Jicama Mango Slaw
Serve the Grilled Skewers with Jicama Mango Slaw – and perhaps some Black Rice… so light and tasty!
Ok ….have a great week! happy summer, happy grilling …YAY!
Enjoy the Grilled shrimp Skewers!
More grilling recipes you may like:
- Our best 35 Grilling Recipes for Summer
- Cooling Recipes for Hot Summer Days
- Grilled Branzino!
- Chipotle Grilled Chicken Salad with Corn, Peppers and Arugula
- Grilled Romaine Salad with Corn, Fava Beans and Avocado(Top it with grilled shrimp!)
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Cilantro Lime Cabbage Slaw (Grilled, Baked or Stovetop)
Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 3 - 4 1x
- Category: Main, seafood,
- Method: grilled
- Cuisine: South America, Chilean
- Diet: Gluten Free
A simple tasty recipe for Grilled Shrimp Skewers fresh pineapple in a flavorful, chipotle marinade bursting with South American flavors. Serve with Jicama Slaw!
- 1 pound large raw, peeled and deveined shrimp ( 21-15 or 16-20 size)
- 1 pound pineapple chunks- cut to same thickness as shrimp ( about 3/4 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime – 1/8 cup lime juice and it’s zest
- 1 orange- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple
- 3 cloves rough chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder, more for spicy ( or 1/2 of a canned chipotle chili in adobo sauce)
- Garnish – limes, cilantro, Jicama Mango Slaw
- Soak skewers if using wood.
- Place shrimp in a bowl or ziplock bag.
- Blend marinade ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Pour marinade over shrimp and marinate 20-30 minutes. Prep pineapple.
- Pre-heat grill to medium.
- Drain the marinade from the bag or bowl into a small saucepan.
- Skewer shrimp and pineapple, alternating on skewers ( Skewer pineapple the flat way so shrimp and pineapple are about the same wide, and both lay flat on the grill. That way you will have good grill marks on both. This should make 10-12 x 10-inch skewers.
- Give the marinade a quick simmer, until it thickens and darkens a bit. Turn heat off.
- Grease the grill well.
- Lay the skewers down, grilling each side about 3 minutes, or until good grill marks develop, and shrimp is cooked, but not overcooked.
- Place on a serving platter. Drizzle with reduced marinade or lime.
- Serve immediately.
- Calories: 378
Keywords: grilled shrimp skewers, shrimp skewers, shrimp kabobs, shrimp and pineapple skewers,
Made this a few weeks ago and loved it. How do you think it would be with chicken in place of the shrimp? Think I could imagine the flavors, but would love your blessing on the change. Love your Grilled Chicken Kabobs too.
I think it would taste great Paula!
Delicious! Made this last night and will make again and again. Doubled the marinade because we just made a lime-cilantro jasmine rice and wanted extra to put on the rice but next time will plan ahead more and make your Jicama Slaw which sounds heavenly. Also added some red pepper to the marinade and skewers and would do that again. Flavors in the marinade were so enjoyable. Thank you for all your inspiration and wonderful meals.
So happy you enjoyed this Paula!
What can I replace orange juice with? Don’t have any oranges or juice in the house
How about a lemon or lime? I would halve the amount. 🙂
Delicious – one of the best marinades I’ve had in a long time! Next time I’d going to make double and put it on the pineapples too!
Thanks Paul- glad you liked this!
I hate being negative on this because I absolutely have made so many of your recipes and love them.I marinated the shrimp overnight as the recipe mentioned, and the shrimp’s texture was horrible,,,mushyish.
Oh shoot Barbara- I’m sorry and very glad you told me. Do you think it was because it was marinated overnight? I bet that was it- and adjusted the recipe. I made this recipe so long ago, I can’t remember if I marinated it overnight or not…sorry about that! Will have to do some testing here.
Bursting with flavor and super quick to make!
Thanks so much Teresa- glad you enjoyed this!
Okay, this recipe is pretty much PERFECT. Served it alongside the grilled jamaican jerk chicken and peach skewers for a friend’s going-away party last summer. Lots of flavor without much effort. Love this.
Im so happy you liked it!
These were very easy with an abundance of flavor! Also made the slaw! A keeper!
looks Amazing! with a capital A ! and vino verde rocks 🙂
I just love grilling season so darn much. These skewers look SO tasty and so flavorful- cannot wait to try them out!
Awwww thanks Karly!