This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
This recipe for Maple-Roasted Sweet Potatoes couldn’t be any easier! On the table in 30 mins, this is a healthy alternative to traditional candied yams, perfect for the holiday table!
A super simple side dish, this recipe for Roasted Yams or Sweet potatoes with Maple and Pecans is vegan and gluten-free. It takes about 35 minutes from start to finish with only 5 minutes of actual hands-on time. I love how roasting yams caramelizes the edges and gives them such great flavor. This 3 ingredient recipe is such a snap to make: give it a whirl!
Roasted Sweet potato Ingredients
How to Make Roasted Sweet potatoes
- Slice up the yams, coat with olive oil, salt and pepper, and place on a parchment-lined sheet pan, in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Pull them out, toss in some pecans, drizzle with maple syrup, stir, then place back in the oven for 10 minutes until crispy around the edges.
It really couldn’t be any easier. The nice thing is you could make this for just 1 person or make it for 8 – it’s up to you. Plan on 3-4 ounces of yams per person and FYI, they do shrink up a bit in the oven.
Enjoy the maple-roasted yams! So quick and easy. Oh! And I even like them for breakfast. 🙂
More Sweet potato recipes you may like
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Ginger
- Moroccan Sweet Potatoes
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries with harissa!
- Thai Sweet Potato Soup
- BBQ Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Oaxacan Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Kyoto Style Sweet Potatoes with Miso, Ginger and Scallions
A very simple recipe for roasted yams with maple and pecans that is easy to make and takes 5 minutes of hands on time before going into the oven to bake.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F
- Slice yams into ¼-inch thin rounds.
- Toss with olive oil just enough that all sides are coated. Season with salt and pepper, toss again,
- Lay them out on a parchment lined sheet pan, mostly in one layer. A little overlap is fine, but do not crowd too much.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Mix the pecans with the maple syrup with a pinch of salt and pepper and set aside.
- After 20 minutes, scatter with pecans/maple mix, gently mix all and then return to the oven for 10 more minutes, or until edges begin to caramelize and yams are tender.
- Place on a platter or baking dish, cover loosely with foil and keep warm until serving.
Roasted yams will keep up to 4 days in the fridge and can be reheated.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 329
- Sugar: 7.3 g
- Sodium: 305.5 mg
- Fat: 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 50.8 g
- Fiber: 7.6 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: roasted yams, baked yams, healthy candied yams, vegan candied yams, vegan baked yams,