A super simple side dish, this recipe for Maple Roasted Yams with Pecans is vegan and gluten-free. It takes about 35 minutes from start to finish with only 5 minutes of actual hands-on time. I love how roasting yams caramelizes the edges and gives them such great flavor. This 3 ingredient recipe is a such a snap to make: give it a whirl!
Good morning friends! It’s Sunday morning and this was my breakfast today. Brian is out of town and I guess I just felt like having yams for breakfast. So good – I ate the entire thing!
Just slice up the yams, coat with olive oil, salt and pepper pepper them up, and roast on a sheet pan for 20 minutes. Pull them out, toss in some pecans, drizzle with maple, stir, then back in the oven for 10 minutes. It really couldn’t be any easier. The nice thing is you could make this for just 1 person, or make it for 8 – it’s up to you. Plan on 3-4 ounces of yams per person and FYI, they do shrink up a bit in the oven.Print
Maple Roasted Yams with Pecans
A very simple recipe for roasted yams with maple and pecans that is easy to make and takes 5 minutes of hands on time before going into the oven to bake.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Side dish
- Cuisine: Vegan Gluten free
- 4 very small yams ( or 3–4 ounces per person) – Sliced
- olive oil
- fresh cracked pepper
- real maple syrup
- pecans, a handful
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F
- Slice yams into ¼ inch thin rounds.
- Toss with olive oil so all sides are coated.
- Lay them out on a parchment or foil lined sheet pan, mostly in one layer. A little overlap is fine, but do not crowd too much.
- Sprinkle with generous pinch salt and cracked pepper.
- Roast 20 minutes in the oven. Scatter with pecans and drizzle with a little maple. Gently mix and then return to the oven for 10 more minutes, or until edges begin to caramelize and yams are tender. Place on a platter or baking dish, cover loosely with foil and keep warm until serving.