A very simple recipe for roasted yams with maple and pecans that is easy to make and takes 5 minutes of hands on time before going into the oven to bake.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F
- Slice yams into ¼ inch thin rounds.
- Toss with olive oil so all sides are coated.
- Lay them out on a parchment or foil lined sheet pan, mostly in one layer. A little overlap is fine, but do not crowd too much.
- Sprinkle with generous pinch salt and cracked pepper.
- Roast 20 minutes in the oven. Scatter with pecans and drizzle with a little maple. Gently mix and then return to the oven for 10 more minutes, or until edges begin to caramelize and yams are tender. Place on a platter or baking dish, cover loosely with foil and keep warm until serving.