Instant Pot Minestrone Soup ( or stove-top) loaded up with healthy veggies and beans- a fast and healthy weeknight dinner that can be made in under 30 minutes. Cozy and comforting, this delicious hearty VEGAN soup is is gluten-free adaptable!
Here’s another “Make Life Simple” recipe that can be made ahead and portioned out for midweek meals – cozy, warming Instant Pot Minestrone Soup! You can also make this on the stovetop! Loaded up with healthy veggies, 2 kinds of beans and whole-grain (or bean) pasta, this version is vegan and gluten-free adaptable.
But it’s the fennel bulb that makes this Minestrone Soup special – giving it a unique and delicious complexity, really elevating it!
It’s topped with vibrant Gremolata– a zesty Italian herb sauce that enlivens and brightens stews and soups. A good thing to have on hand, for which you’ll find a multitude of uses.
This week I’ve partnered with Cavit Collection who asked me to create a recipe that would pair well with their cabernet. Well known for their Pinot Grigio, Cavit also offers a wide selection of reds and whites, that are perfect for everyday meals. This medium-bodied cab is perfect alongside cozy winter stews and hearty soups.
I love the simplicity of this Italian style meal- hearty Minestrone soup, a loaf of crusty bread, and glass of wine, and that is really all that is needed!
Vibrant Gremolata gives the Instant Pot Minestrone Soup a burst of flavor- an Italian herb sauce made of parsley, garlic, lemon zest and olive oil. Don’t leave this off!
Keep the minestrone soup completely vegan or add a little pecorino or parmesan for extra richness.
I love how simple and easy this recipe is and how the addition of fennel gives it that extra layer of flavor that elevates the dish!
More Instant Pot recipes you may like:
- Our 25 Best Instant Pot Recipes | Easy Pressure Cooker Meals
- Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup w/ Spinach & Mushrooms
- Instant Pot Mushroom Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Pinto Bean Stew
- Instant Pot Lentil Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion- diced
- 4–6 garlic cloves- rough chopped
- 1 large fennel bulb, cored, diced thinly ( or sub 2 cups chopped celery)
- 2 cups chopped carrots ( ½ inch thick)
- 2 cans beans- kidney, white beans, cannellini beans, or chick peas- rinsed, drained. ( 3 cups)
- 1 x 14 ounce can diced or crushed tomatoes ( or 1 ½ cups fresh diced tomato with their juices) Diced, fire roasted tomatoes are a tasty option too.
- 4 cups veggie broth or chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dry penne pasta- feel free to use GF, bean pasta, or whole wheat, or sub with halved baby potatoes
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, more to taste.
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- a couple handfuls chopped lacinato kale (optional)
- pepper and chili flakes to taste
- one batch Gremolata!
Using the sauté setting of an Instant Pot, saute onion and garlic in the oil while you chop the rest of the veggies, adding them as you go.
Add the fennel, carrots and saute 3-4 minutes. Add beans, diced tomatoes, broth or stock, water, salt, and Italian seasoning. Stir in the dry pasta and optional lacinato kale and set the pressure cooker to high for 10 minutes.
While it’s cooking make the Gremolata.
Once the ten minutes are up, release the pressure manually (throw a kitchen towel over the pressure release valve to help mitigate the steam).
The Gremolata really elevates the soup here!
You could easily cook this on the stovetop, pretty much the same way, adding the pasta after the beans and veggies have simmered 10-15 minutes. Cook until pasta is tender!
For hearty meat-eaters, feel free to add browned Italian sausage or cooked chicken breast.
- Serving Size: 1.5 cups
Keywords: instant pot minestrone soup, vegan minestrone soup, minestrone soup recipe, best minestrone soup recipe, how to make minestrone in an instant pot, minestrone soup instant pot