This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Grilled Flank Steak with Sweet Corn & Radish Salad…a healthy summer weeknight meal that can be made in 35 minutes!
This flavorful recipe for Grilled Flank Steak with Sweet Corn & Radish Salad comes together quickly and easily. It satisfies all Brian’s meat cravings, while giving me my crunchy healthy side salad, which I especially love during the summer months.
Fresh sweet corn, lightly grilled, then cut off the cob, drizzled with lime juice and tossed with radishes, red onion and parsley compliments the flavors of the grilled beef, which is rubbed with smoked paprika, cumin and salt. A simple delicious dinner, perfect for weeknights, that can be made in 30-40 minutes.
Walking through our neighborhood the last few nights, the air is filled with the scent of Linden flowers. Sweet and intoxicating, they have a fragrance like nothing else I’ve ever smelled. We live near a pond and just as the sun is setting, the frogs come out and begin their singing, cello-like, deep and soulful, calling to their mates.
The pond is teeming with life, and somehow being here clears the mind and lets the worries of the day gently sluff off. On the walk home, delicious aromas of backyard bbq’s wet our appetite, and by the time we make it up the hill, we are famished. It’s a good feeling, working up an appetite.
How to make Grilled Flank Steak
Pre-heat the grill so it’s nice and hot. High heat works best here, to get a good char.
Make the the Corn-Radish Salad.
Slice radishes thinly, and lightly grill the corn. Just a few minutes on each side. Local corn, just picked, is often the sweetest, so opt for this if possible.
Slice the grilled corn off the cob and place with radishes in a bowl with lime juice, red onion and parsley and little coriander, and let marinate a bit while you grill the flank steak.
Once the grill is really hot, grease the grates and sear the steak on high heat, on both sides, allowing good grill marks to develop ( about 4-5 minutes each side).
Grill the Flank Steak to medium rare, then let it rest 10 minutes before slicing into it, allowing some of the flavorful juices to remain in the meat.
Give the corn salad another toss, and enjoy them together.
The lime from the salad compliments the steak, and the smoked paprika from the steak compliments the salad.
It’s simple- but it’s all you need for a light satisfying dinner.
What Type of Flank Steak to Buy?
When I purchase red meat, I feel much better knowing where the meat is sourced. Locally sourced meat, pasture-raised, without hormones or antibiotics, is important to me. I don’t cook meat often, but if I must, I want it to be of the highest quality possible.
Hope you enjoy this Grilled Flank Steak and the Corn and Radish Salad!
More recipes you may like:
- Grilled Chilean Beef Kabobs with Chimichurri Sauce
- Vietnamese Beef and Green Papaya Salad
- Rosemary Garlic Beef Roast with Wild Mushrooms
- Grilled Steak Tacos with Chimichurri
Grilled Flank Steak with Corn Radish Salad – a quick and easy dinner, perfect for summer nights on the patio.
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs Flank Steak
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Radish Corn Salad
- 3 ears corn on the cob, shucked
- 10 radishes- very thinly sliced
- 1/4 of a red onion- very thinly sliced ( about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice ( 2 limes)
- Pre heat grill to med-high.
- In a small bowl mix salt, cumin and smoked paprika. Coat both sides of flank steak with the spice rub and let sit at room temp while you make the salad or up to 30 minutes.
- Make Corn-Radish Salad. Shuck and clean corn, wiping off stray threads with a kitchen towel. Grill it lightly- just for a few minutes on each side. Cut kernels off with a large sharp knife and place into a large bowl. Thinly slice radishes and place into the bowl. Very thinly slice onions and place in the bowl. Add chopped parsley. Add the lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and coriander and toss well. Set aside or refrigerate for up to 3 hours.
- Grill meat on high heat until steak is nicely charred on each side and cooked to medium rare, about 5 minutes each side. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with Corn Radish Salad.
The salad can be made a day ahead.
- Serving Size: 6 ounces steak and ¼ of the salad
- Calories: 435
- Sugar: 7.5 g
- Sodium: 751.9 mg
- Fat: 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.1 g
- Fiber: 6.4 g
- Protein: 43.3 g
- Cholesterol: 102 mg
Keywords: Grilled Flank Steak, Flank steak recipe, Corn Radish Salad, Corn radish salad, Grilled Beef, Grilled steak recipes