The BEST Chicken Salad Sandwich seasoned with fresh tarragon- so easy and full of flavor! Turn this into a wrap or serve over a bed of greens for healthy delicious low-carb meal. Keto Adaptable!
This Chicken Salad Sandwich is one of my favorites on the planet! It is inspired by David Blaine over at Central Food, a farm-to-table restaurant in Spokane, Washington. My husband started ordering this Chicken Salad Sandwich and every time I found myself coveting his plate. I love the flavor that the fresh tarragon adds, elevating the whole dish!
Make the chicken salad with simple baked chicken– so moist and flavorful! The Chicken Salad can be piled onto toasty bread, folded into a wrap or simply served over a bed of greens. Watercress is a nice pairing, along with butter lettuce, mache or even purslane.
Sprouts or micro-greens give the chicken salad sandwich a fresh and springy twist.
Make sure to use good quality bread, or feel free to stuff it in a pita. Or serve over a big bowl of greens!
So excited for you to try this Chicken Salad Sandwich- I know you will looooooove it!
So easy and full of flavor! Let me know what you think below.Print
The BEST Chicken Salad Sandwich seasoned with fresh tarragon- easy and full of flavor! Turn this into a wrap or, for a low-carb option, serve over a bed of greens
- 1 pound cooked chicken (baked chicken breast, or leftover rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, chopped, more to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- sprouts or micro greens
- Serve on toasted bread or over a lightly dressed bed of greens (butter lettuce, arugula. watercress, mache, purslane) or wrapped up in warm pita bread, tortilla or wrap.
- Cut or shred chicken into bite-sized pieces and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix, incorporating all.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over simply dressed greens, or as a sandwich on toasted bread with lettuce and micro greens (or sprouts)
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 359
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 550.8 mg
- Fat: 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.7 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 32.8 g
- Cholesterol: 109 mg
Keywords: chicken salad sandwich, chicken salad with tarragon, best chicken salad sandwich, best chicken salad recipe, chicken salad recipe, easy chicken salad recipe, low carb chicken salad