This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
A tasty recipe for Thai Chicken Salad with baby spinach, spring herbs and scallions. A flavorful, paleo-approved entree salad.
Spirituality has nothing to do with the atmosphere you live in. It’s about the atmosphere you create within yourself. ~ Sadhguru~
Spring has sprung, and with it come the tenderest baby greens imaginable. This is a lovely spring or summer salad perfect for dinner outside on warm summer evenings. It’s light and refreshing and full of flavor.
Ingredients in Thai Chicken Salad
- You’ll need chicken breast and coconut milk for poaching along with kefir lime leaves and fresh lime and fish sauce.
- Baby spinach and lots of fresh herbs and scallions. Feel free to add cucumbers or radishes or anything fresh and watery.
- Something crunchy for the top is nice- like crushed peanuts, our peanut chili crunch or crispy shallots.
How to make Thai Chicken Salad
- We start with cooking the chicken breast. Chicken is gently poached in a flavorful coconut broth.
- Once cooled, the chicken is gently pulled apart with two forks and tossed with baby spinach and three different herbs – basil, mint and cilantro which gives this its incredible flavor.
- From here you can add other veggies like thinly sliced radishes, Turkish cucumbers, carrot ribbons and green onions.
- Top the salad with something crunchy or crispy- roasted peanuts or crispy shallots.
Give this Thai Chicken Salad a try…. I know you’ll love the flavor! For more Thai – inspired dishes take a peek at these 25 Best Thai Recipes!
Or my favorite… Thai Noodle Salad! Always a hit!
Have a beautiful week,
MORE CHICKEN SALAD RECIPES TO TRY!
- Grilled Chipotle Chicken
- Thai Chicken Salad with Spinach
- Chicken Salad with Quinoa & Arugula
- Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Quinoa Chicken Salad
- Black Bean Salad with Corn & Quinoa
Thai Chicken Salad
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Entree Salad
- Method: tossed
- Cuisine: Thai
- 1 14 ounce can coconut milk
- 1 lime (divided)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 3 kefir lime leaves– optional
- 2 4-6 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts ( or one 8 ounce breast, cut in half)
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach ( about 4 ounces)
- 1 small Turkish cucumber
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced at a diagonal
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup torn mint leaves
- 1/4 cup torn basil leaves (Thai basil is nice)
Feel free to poach the chicken ahead.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 393
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 1106.7 mg
- Fat: 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 22.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.2 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 30.2 g
- Cholesterol: 82.7 mg
Keywords: thai chicken salad, coconut chicken salad, thai coconut chicken salad
This recipe is my absolute favourite and the flavours OMG👌
I add mango in mine also which is lovely on warmer summer days!
Great to hear Amber!
My husband and I loved this! So easy and super free delicious! I added a little rice to bulk it up a little and it was perfect.
Perfect Katie- glad you both like this one!
Could you make this somehow with tofu instead of chicken? If so, same prep method? Thanks!
You know, yes I think you could…but may be a bit bland? I would make crispy tofu, then add to Poaching liquid.
I thought this was pretty tastey but a little bland/cool. I added some chopped peanuts and some sriracha and that pepped it right up! Perfect for a light dinner on a hot night!
Very nice salad, different but good.
Sounds delicious. Anything special to do to multiply the recipe by 3?
No, although you may only need to double ( instead of triple) the coconut poaching liquid, it may be enough??