This Strawberry Salad with basil, arugula and black rice is delicious and easy to make. It is tossed in a simple balsamic dressing and sprinkled with crumbled Goat cheese. A beautiful addition to your outdoor gathering.
This simple Strawberry Salad highlights fresh seasonal strawberries. Together with peppery arugula, fresh basil, nutty Black Rice and optional crumbled goat cheese, it’s tossed with a balsamic-maple dressing.
Somehow the flavors work lovingly together and the black rice gives the salad a little “heft”, as well as some added nutrients. But know, that the black rice can easily be substituted with wild rice, farro, or quinoa if you prefer.
This colorful, dramatic salad is perfect served at outdoor spring gatherings, or special lunch or brunch like Mother’s Day, or even bridal shower.
Feel free to make the Strawberry Salad ahead and dress it right before serving.
It also packs well for lunches, just be sure to separate out the arugula. When packing it up, make a bed of arugula on the bottom, placing the strawberry rice part over top, so the arugula doesn’t get overly wilty. You could also pack this in mason jars for a beautifully dramatic effect.
Enjoy the Strawberry Salad and let us know what you think in the comments below.
More strawberry recipes you may like:
- Homemade Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Tabouli Salad!
- Grilled Pork Loin with Strawberries & Balsamic Glaze
- Strawberry Turnovers!
- Strawberry Breakfast Cake
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp (vegan & gluten-free)
- 4 cups cooked black rice (or sub wild rice, quinoa, farro)
- 1 pound strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 4 scallions- sliced
- ¼ cup basil ribbons
- ½ cup chopped Italian parsley
- 3 ounces arugula ( two big handfuls)
- optional: 1/4- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese, 1/4 cup toasted nuts (slivered almonds, pecans, or maple pecans)
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 7.1 g
- Sodium: 25.9 mg
- Fat: 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.4 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 1.6 mg
Keywords: Strawberry Rice Salad, Black rice salad, strawberry basil salad, strawberry arugula salad