Ok, I’m excited for you to make these!!!Print
Vietnamese Spring Rolls filled with your choice of shrimp or tofu, veggies, herbs and vermicelli noodles. Light and healthy!
- 10–12 spring roll wrappers (8 1/2 inch in diameter)
- 12 oz shrimp (cooked, peeled) or try baked tofu– cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 4 ounces vermicelli noodles, cooked according to directions
- 1–2 Turkish cucumber – cut into strips
- 1 daikon radish cut into strips ( or use red radishes)
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup purple cabbage or matchstick carrots
- 1 avocado- sliced
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 thai basil leaves
- other crunchy veggie options: matchstick carrots, jicama, grated beets, kohlrabi ( matchsticks),etc.
Nuoc Cham Recipe
- Prep all filling ingredients and have them ready to roll.
- Fill a large bowl with luke warm water.
- Submerge 1 rice paper in the water until tender and flexible, about 10 seconds. Working one at a time, place the softened rice paper on a damp kitchen towel, lay it out and fill with fresh veggies, noodles and shrimp and fresh herbs. Roll it up tightly like a burrito. Set it aside seam side down. Repeat with all the Spring Rolls.
- Serve with Sweet chili Sauce or Vietnamese Nuoc Cham
- To make Nuoc Cham, place all ingredients in a small bowl and stir.
These can be made ahead and stored in the fridge (cover with damp paper towels and plastic wrap.) for 2-3 days!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 177
- Sugar: 3.7 g
- Sodium: 374.8 mg
- Fat: 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.9 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g
- Cholesterol: 2.9 mg
Keywords: Spring rolls with shrimp, Vietnamese spring rolls, Vietnamese summer rolls, Vietnamese spring rolls, Vietnamese salad rolls, summer rolls, summer rolls with shrimp,