Vietnamese Summer Rolls!
Vietnamese Summer Rolls filled with your choice of shrimp or tofu, veggies, herbs and vermicelli noodles. Light and healthy!
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 12 rolls 1x
- Category: Appetizer or Lunch
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
- 10–12 spring roll wrappers (8 1/2 inch in diameter)
- 12 oz shrimp ( cooked, peeled) or try baked tofu– cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 4 ounces vermicelli noodles, cooked according to directions
- 1–2 turkish cucumber – cut into strips
- 1 diakon radish cut into strips ( or use red radishes)
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 cup purple cabbage or matchstick carrots
- 1 avocado- sliced
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 thai basil leaves
Nước Chấm Recipe
- 3 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- slices of bird’s eye / Thai chilies
- Prep all filling ingredients and have them ready to roll.
- Fill a large bowl with luke warm water.
- Submerge 1 rice paper in the water until tender and flexible, about 10 seconds. Working one at a time, place the softened rice paper on a damp kitchen towel, lay it out and fill with fresh veggies, noodles and shrimp and fresh herbs. Roll it up tightly like a burrito. Set it aside seam side down. Repeat with all the Spring Rolls.
- Serve with Sweet chili Sauce or Vietnamese Nuoc Cham
- To make Nuoc Cham, place all ingredients in a small bowl and stir.
These can be made ahead and stored in the fridge (cover with damp paper towels and plastic wrap.) for 2-3 days!
Keywords: Vietnamese summer rolls, Vietnamese spring rolls, Vietnamese salad rolls, summer rolls, summer rolls with shrimp,