This delicious and vibrant Spirulina Dressing is creamy, vegan, and full of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
Introducing my new favorite salad dressing… Spirulina dressing! I realize this may be a stretch for some of you, but for those of you already on the spirulina bandwagon, I think you’ll love this tasty use for it. Toss it with your favorite greens or spoon it over healthy Buddha bowls. Not only is full of healthy nutrients, but it is also deliciously addicting!
What is Spirulina?
Spirulina is a type of dark green algae that is considered by many to be a superfood.
Here we are using spirulina in the powder form in the dressing. Not only does it add great flavor- it’s packed full of nutrients.
Health benefits of Spirulina:
- lowers cholesterol/blood lipids
- high in B Vitamins, beta-carotene, and iron
- can stimulate the production of antibodies
- aids in weight loss
How to use Spirulina:
- Add to smoothies
- Add to green juice
- sprinkle over salads or add to soups
- add to hummus or dips
- make a spirulina dressing!
To make the Spirulina dressing, blend the simple ingredients in a blender until creamy and smooth. I love the glorious emerald color.
Note: I intentionally used cilantro as the herb here, not only for flavor but for its ability to help rid the body of heavy metals.
FYI: I’ve found that even people who typically taste cilantro leaves as “soapy”, don’t notice this when cilantro is blended into sauces and dressings.
Start conservatively with the spirulina, adding more to the taste.
The leftover Spirulina dressing will keep up to 5 days in the fridge.
How to store Spirulina:
Store Spirulina in a cool, dark, dry place… like the fridge! You can also freeze spirulina. If freezing in a bag, remove as much air as possible.
How to source Spirulina:
- Check labels to see where it is grown. Countries like China and India are less regulated and can be more polluted with heavy metals, and often contain less nutritional values-. In contrast, Californian, Hawaiin, and Taiwan-grown are much better regulated.
- Check for contaminants. Look out for 3rd party verifications, confirming there are no heavy metals, additives, or pesticides.
- Here are 3 highly-rated and recommended brands: Earthrise Spirulina (grown in California), Pure Hawaiian Spirulina, and Microingredeints Pure Organic Spirulina.
Give the Spirulina Dressing a try and tell us what you think!
You may also enjoy:
- Spirulina Sea Salad
- 10 Healing Turmeric Recipes (Plus Top Health Benefits)
- 25 Immune System-Boosting Recipes!
This delicious and nutritious Spirulina Dressing is full of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Creamy, vegan and flavorful!
Start conservatively (1 teaspoon) with the spirulina, taste, add more if you like.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 111
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 222.5 mg
- Fat: 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.8 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: spirulina dressing, spirulina recipes, spirulina vinaigrette, mermaid dressing,