Here’s a Simple Avocado Salad with the most delicious Japanese-style, Ponzu Dressing. Healthy, vegan and delicious, this salad can be made in 15 minutes!
One of my favorite things about spending the winter down here in Santa Barbara is all the avocados! They are everywhere. So many varieties and sizes fill the booths at the farmers market (which so far, even with the quarantine, is still going here).
This Avocado salad at first seemed very “luxurious” to me. Now it feels normal! Apparently one can get accustomed to extravagance pretty easily. 🙂 If I stop and try to justify it, the salad really only requires 3 avocados. And this recipe serves 6, so it’s not all that extravagant – although Brian and I do manage to make it serve two. There’s that. 😉
Start with perfectly ripe avocados.
Halve them and scoop out the flesh with a large spoon, then halve them once more.
Make the flavorful Ponzu Dressing.
Place the avocados in a bowl and season with salt and pepper before drizzling the dressing over top.
Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
Add sprouts if you like. And there you have it- probably the easiest salad you’ll ever make. 😉
I hope you like this Simple Avocado Salad with Ponzu Dressing as much as we have- let us know in the comments below!
Simple Avocado Salad with Japanese-style Ponzu Dressing- simple, delicious and vegan!
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, or GF Liquid aminos
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Mirin (or use 2 teaspoons honey and 1 tablespoon water)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- pinch chili flakes
- Place Ponzu dressing ingredients in a small bowl and stir.
- Cut avocados in half. Remove pits. Using a large spoon, carefully scoop out the halved avocado from the skin. Cut in half again and place in serving bowl or on a serving platter, repeating with all the halves. Once avocados are placed to your liking, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and spoon or pour the Ponzu dressing over top.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions.
- Feel free to embellish with sprouts, seeds, herbs, edible flowers, etc.
- Serve immediately.
Serve this as a side salad or as an appetizer.
- Serving Size: ½ an avocado with dressing
- Calories: 229
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 217.8 mg
- Fat: 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.6 g
- Fiber: 7.9 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Avocado salad, ponzu dressing, authentic ponzu dressing, Japanese ponzu dressing, easy avocado salad, vegan avocado salad