Simple Avocado Salad with Japanese-style Ponzu Dressing- simple, delicious and vegan!
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, or GF Liquid aminos
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Mirin (or use 2 teaspoons honey and 1 tablespoon water)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- pinch chili flakes
- Place Ponzu dressing ingredients in a small bowl and stir.
- Cut avocados in half. Remove pits. Using a large spoon, carefully scoop out the halved avocado from the skin. Cut in half again and place in serving bowl or on a serving platter, repeating with all the halves. Once avocados are placed to your liking, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and spoon or pour the Ponzu dressing over top.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions.
- Feel free to embellish with sprouts, seeds, herbs, edible flowers, etc.
- Serve immediately.
Serve this as a side salad or as an appetizer.
- Serving Size: ½ an avocado with dressing
- Calories: 229
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 217.8 mg
- Fat: 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.6 g
- Fiber: 7.9 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Avocado salad, ponzu dressing, authentic ponzu dressing, Japanese ponzu dressing, easy avocado salad, vegan avocado salad