This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Romesco Sauce, using pantry ingredients you probably already have on hand! A tasty vegan side dish perfect for weeknight dinners or the holiday table!
In this recipe for Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, the small potatoes are simply sliced in half, tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper and roasted in the oven until tender, about 30 minutes.
While they are roasting, whip up the 5-minute Romesco Sauce, made with simple, pantry ingredients you probably already have on hand. A flavorful vegan side dish perfect for fall.
Why I love Fingerling Potatoes
When fall arrives, we find our appetites begin to increase almost proportionally to the cold. Storing up for winter perhaps! One thing I find myself craving are earthy potatoes! I love their heartiness and versatility, and most of all I love them roasted.
Roasting fingerling potatoes coaxes out their nutty, earthy flavor while enhancing their subtle sweetness. Because they are small, they roast quickly, especially when sliced in half lengthwise.
How to make Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
- Simply toss with olive oil salt and pepper.
- Bake on a parchment-lined sheet pan until crispy.
- Roasting the fingerling potatoes gets them nice and crispy on the outside with a creamy buttery interior.
Make the Romesco Sauce
While the fingerlings are roasting, the quick Romesco Sauce can be whipped up in literally 5 minutes.
Romesco Sauce if unfamiliar, hails from Catalonia, an area in Northern Spain. There are many versions, but most contain red peppers, tomatoes and nuts.
Romesco can be made spicy or kept mild. Traditionally it’s served with meat, chicken, fish or roasted vegetables. It can be swirled into soup for a burst of favor, or even tossed with pasta. Think of this as a roasted red pepper pesto of sorts – a good one to have in your back pocket.
When the potatoes are done, toss them with the romesco sauce, adjust the salt and serve right away.
For added texture, sprinkle with crushed hazelnuts and a scattering of fresh herbs like thyme or sage.
The leftovers are also very good reheated in the oven with the romesco sauce on them. So easy & so full of flavor! Give it a whirl and comment below!
You may also enjoy
- 25 Vegan & Vegetarian Side Dishes
- Roasted Parsnips with Romesco Sauce
- Kyoto Style Sweet Potatoes with Miso, Ginger and Scallions
- Aloo Gobi (Indian-Spiced Potatoes & Cauliflower)
- Sheet Pan Harissa Chicken (or Tofu) with Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Rosemary Garlic Hasselback Potatoes
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Vegan, side dish
- Method: roasted
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
A simple tasty recipe for Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with a flavorful 5 minute Romesco Sauce, made w/ simple pantry ingredients you probably already have!
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes ( or sub little reds or multi-colored)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts ( or almonds)
- 1 roasted red bell pepper (from a jar or can) about 3/4 cup ( see notes)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar (or sherry vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt ( more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder, optional, for heat, more to taste
Garnish- chopped thyme or Italian Parsley, and crushed toasted hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise ( or leave whole if very small) you want them about 3/4 inch thick.
- In a bowl, toss potatoes lightly with olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper.
- Spread out on a parchment lined sheet pan (one layer, do not overlap) and roast in the hot oven 25-35 minutes or until fork-tender and golden.
- Make Romesco Sauce: Place all romesco ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until well combined, but not too smooth.Taste and adjust salt and spiciness.
- When potatoes are tender, place in a serving dish and toss with a few spoonfuls of romesco sauce, enough to coat well. Taste for salt, and adjust.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and toasted hazelnuts. Serve immediately.
- Save remaining romesco sauce in a jar- and cover with a layer of olive oil. Seal and store in the fridge for another use ( soups, wraps, eggs, etc)
You can sub toasted almonds for the hazelnuts if allergies.
Other potatoes work well here too, so feel free to sub. Little ones are best.
If bland, it probably needs salt. 😉
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 226
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 230.7 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.4 g
- Fiber: 4.2 g
- Protein: 4.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: fingerling potatoes, roasted fingerling potatoes, fingerling potato recipes, roasted fingerling potatoes, romesco potatoes
I made this along with the braised cabbage recipe on this site. Both amazing! We served these two sides with salmon. Super scrumptious and easier than thought. I was a bit intimidated at first.
Awesome Mandi, glad you liked these!
Brought this dish to a potluck- everyone raved. thanks for another delicious recipe Sylvia. Keep them coming!