Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Romesco Sauce
A simple tasty recipe for Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with a flavorful 5 minute Romesco Sauce, made w/ simple pantry ingredients you probably already have!
- 1 ½ pounds fingerling potatoes ( or sub little reds or multi-colored)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts ( or almonds)
- 1 roasted red bell pepper (from a jar or can) about 3/4 cup ( see notes)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon red wine vinegar (or sherry vinegar)
- ½ teaspoon salt ( more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ⅛–¼ teaspoon chipotle powder, optional, for heat, more to taste
Garnish- chopped thyme or Italian Parsley, and crushed toasted hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise ( or leave whole if very small) you want them about 3/4 inch thick.
- In a bowl, toss potatoes lightly with olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper.
- Spread out on a parchment lined sheet pan (one layer, do not overlap) and roast in the hot oven 25-35 minutes or until fork-tender and golden.
- Make Romesco Sauce: Place all romesco ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until well combined, but not too smooth.Taste and adjust salt and spiciness.
- When potatoes are tender, place in a serving dish and toss with a few spoonfuls of romesco sauce, enough to coat well. Taste for salt, and adjust.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and toasted hazelnuts. Serve immediately.
- Save remaining romesco sauce in a jar- and cover with a layer of olive oil. Seal and store in the fridge for another use ( soups, wraps, eggs, etc)
You can sub toasted almonds for the hazelnuts if allergies.
Other potatoes work well here too, so feel free to sub. Little ones are best.
If bland, it probably needs salt. 😉
Keywords: roasted potatoes, roasted fingerlings, roasted potatoes with romesco sauce, romesco potatoes, roasted fingerling potatoes,