The most delicious Green Beans with Hazelnuts and Lemon Zest -an easy, tasty, vegan, gluten-free side dish that can be made in 15 minutes flat!
This recipe for Green Beans with Hazelnuts and Lemon Zest (and optional truffle oil) is hands-down my favorite way to prepare green beans, not only for their amazingly delicious flavor but because they are quick and easy. We’ve made this so many times in our catering business with rave reviews.
The best part? They can be made in 15 minutes flat. And on Thanksgiving, when basically everything is competing for oven space, these are made on the stovetop, in a sauté pan, just before dinner is served so they are perfectly vibrant, crisp and green.
Add green beans and stock, steam for 7-8 minutes.
Season with salt, pepper, and lemon zest, and toss.
Add toasted hazelnuts.
Elevate the dish with a drizzle of truffle oil right before serving.
Inhale the beautiful aroma . . . . toasty, lemony and bright.
I hope you enjoy the recipe for Green Beans with Hazelnuts and lemon as much as we do. One of my favorite ways to make green beans!Print
Green Beans with Hazelnuts and Lemon Zest -an easy, delicious, vegan, gluten-free side dish that can be made in 15 minutes flat!
- Heat oil in a 10-12 inch saute pan over medium heat. Add sliced shallots and saute 4-5 minutes, until golden and fragrant, stirring often, careful to not burn.
- Add green beans, stock and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer, cover with lid or foil, for 7-8 minutes to steam.
- Remove lid, bring the liquid to a boil and reduce just a little. Mix beans and top with lemon zest, hazelnuts and a drizzle of optional truffle oil.
- Taste, adding more salt if needed! Serve immediately.
Keywords: hazelnut green beans, best green beans, sautéed green beans, green beans with hazelnuts, green beans with lemon, vegan green beans,