Green Beans with Hazelnuts and Lemon Zest -an easy, delicious, vegan, gluten-free side dish that can be made in 15 minutes flat!
- Heat oil in a 10-12 inch saute pan over medium heat. Add sliced shallots and saute 4-5 minutes, until golden and fragrant, stirring often, careful to not burn.
- Add green beans, stock and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer, cover with lid or foil, for 7-8 minutes to steam.
- Remove lid, bring the liquid to a boil and reduce just a little. Mix beans and top with lemon zest, hazelnuts and a drizzle of optional truffle oil.
- Taste, adding more salt if needed! Serve immediately.
Keywords: hazelnut green beans, best green beans, sautéed green beans, green beans with hazelnuts, green beans with lemon, vegan green beans,