Gin and Brine is a cool summer cocktail made with fermented dilly pickle brine, celery bitters and your choice of gin. Full of probiotics- it’s a fun twist on a dirty martini- savory and herbaceous.
This Gin and Brine is for those of you who love dirty martinis- or love taking shots of fermented pickle brine. We’ve been making fermented pickles again this summer and love drinking shots of the salty probiotic-rich brine.
Somehow my body loves the salty tangy flavor, especially when it’s hot. So this is how this cocktail came to be.
What you’ll need:
- Pickle Brine
- Celery Bitters
- Optional Additions: Cucumber, dill, Vermouth.
How to make a Gin and Brine Cocktail
It’s pretty easy and I’m sure all you craft cocktail folks will put your creative spin on it. I think it would be nice with a fennel-infused ice cube, but I am feeling hot and lazy today….
- If adding cucumber, muddle a few slices in a shaker.
- Pour 2 parts brine and 1 part gin into and ice filled shaker.
- Add fresh dill if you like.
- Add a small splash of celery bitters and optional dry vermouth
- Shake and strain into a glass with a large ice cube.
I love using large ice cubes here, because they melt slowly in the summer heat.
Enjoy the Gin and Brine and let us know what you think in the comments below.
More cocktails you may like:
- The Verdant Garden Cocktail
- Dry Gin Martini
- Blueberry Gin and Sage Punch
- Blackberry Bramble Cocktail
- Meyer Lemon Gimlet with Thyme Simple Syrup