This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Blueberry Gin and Sage Punch – a delicious holiday punch made with gin, lemon, a blueberry sage infused simple syrup and a splash of Prosecco, that is full of flavor, while being light and effervescent. Make a big batch of it and be hands-free during your gathering!
This festive Blueberry Sage and Gin Punch is the perfect make-ahead cocktail for the holidays. Made with gin, lemon, a blueberry sage infused simple syrup and a splash of Prosecco, it’s full of flavor, while being light and effervescent. Also a great way to use up all these frozen blueberries! Make a big batch of it and be hands-free during your holiday gathering. This can be served in a large punch bowl or in a large beverage container like you see here, for easy self-service.
This week we partnered with the US Blueberry Council to create this refreshing holiday sipper and it turned out beautiful and festive!
Frozen blueberries, fresh sage, lemon, gin and Prosecco all come together for this refreshing punch.
For extra flavor, let the sage and blueberry simple syrup seep overnight. The combo is divine!
Then place all ingredients together in a serving container or large punch bowl garnishing with fresh sage and lemon. I used the handle of a wooden spoon to place the lemons and sage towards the front of the jar to make it extra pretty.
Add ice right as guests arrive, or keep ice on the side.
Super easy and tasty!
Hope you enjoy this Blueberry Gin and Sage Punch -a refreshing make ahead, holiday punch, with gin, blueberries, sage, lemon and prosecco – sparkling and effervescent!
More recipes you may enjoy!
- Blackberry Bramble Cocktail
- Huckleberry Mojitos
- Pomegranate Martini with Rosemary
- Naturally Sweetened Frozen Strawberry Margaritas!
- Hibiscus Margaritas with Ginger and Lime
Blueberry Gin and Sage Punch -A refreshing make ahead, holiday punch, with lemon and prosecco – sparkling and effervescent!
- 12 ounces frozen blueberries
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 30 fresh sage leaves- a generous handful (about 1/2 cup packed)
- 3/4 bottle gin (about 2 1/2 cups), optional
- 1 bottle Prosecco (optional)
- In a medium sized pot over medium-high heat, combine frozen blueberries, lemon juice, water and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a simmer.
- Muddle berries well, mashing them in the pot. Add the sage. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from stove and let sit overnight or for several hours (the longer it sits the more the sage will come through).
- Strain the blueberry mixture, pressing down hard on the berries with a muddler or back of a big spoon, allowing them to release their colorful juice.
- Place blueberry sage syrup in a large punch bowl or glass beverage container with a spigot (see notes).
- Add gin and Prosecco and garnish with a few sage leaves and lemon slices.
For a mocktail version, skip the Prosecco and gin and add in sparkling white grape juice, or sparking apple juice.
- Make a giant round ice cube (in a 6 inch diameter tupperwear) to place in the punch bowl to keep it cold without watering it down.
- OR place everything in a pitcher filled with ice and leave the Prosecco out, adding it in when serving in individual glasses
- Calories: 165
Keywords: holiday punch, blueberry punch, gin punch, sparkling gin punch, holiday punch recipe, punch recipes alcohol, punch recipes prosecco, champagne punch, gin punch recipes