Here’s a little holiday cheer to brighten even the darkest of days – a Pomegranate Drop with Rosemary. Partnering with Tito’s Handmade Vodka, I created this festive holiday drink featuring their small-batch Vodka, rosemary syrup, pomegranate juice and lime juice. Refreshingly tart, subtly sweet with a hint of rosemary, it’s my kind of cocktail and I’ve been enjoying them perhaps a little too much lately.
The first few times I made this, I used lemons. Then I switched to limes, which to me, made it more refreshing.
Tito’s Vodka, if unfamiliar, is produced in Austin, Texas, in the state’s oldest legal distillery. The founder and distiller, Tito Beveridge makes his vodka in small batches, using old-fashioned pot stills, then tastes every batch to make sure it’s perfect. You can find this here locally at Trader Joe’s.
The Rosemary simple syrup is easy to make- just add sugar and water and rosemary springs to a pot and heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. That’s it – it is done!
In a shaker, add two ounces vodka, ¾ ounces fresh lime juice, ½ ounce rosemary simple syrup and 1 ounce pomegranate juice, and shake it up with ice.
Pour it into a glass with a sugared rim if you like.
A sweet tart holiday recipe for a Pomegranate Drop with Rosemary Syrup and Lime.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 1 drink
- 2 ounces Tito’s Vodka
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/4 ounce rosemary syrup
- 1 ounce pomegranate juice
- Garnish: sprig rosemary, slice lime, pomegranate seeds
- Rosemary Syrup
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- Place vodka, lime juice, rosemary syrup and pomegranate in a shaker with ice. Shake well. Pour into a small cocktail glass, and garnish with a rosemary sprig, lime slice and pomegranate seeds.
- To make rosemary syrup, place sugar, water and rosemary in a small pot, and bring to a simmer. Stir until dissolved. Let cool.