The Verdant Garden – a spring-inspired cocktail made with Vodka or Gin, spring herbs, cucumber, Chartreuse, celery bitters and lemon. Herbal, citrusy and slightly grassy. Delicious!
- 1 small Turkish cucumber, sliced into ¼ inch slices (about ½ cup)
- handful tender herbs, torn (tarragon, dill, Italian parsley, celery leaves, or mint or a mix)
- 1 ounce simple syrup (see note)
- 4 ounces Vodka or Gin
- ½ ounce Chartreuse (or an Anise flavored liqueur)
- 1 ½ ounce fresh lemon or lime juice
- splash celery bitters ( optional)
- Garnish- 2 thin slices Turkish cucumber (use a veggie peeler) and violets
To make simple syrup, mix 1 part water with 1 part sugar ( or honey) and for a delicious twist, add some fennel frods ( the green leaves and stems from a fennel bulb). Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. The longer you leave the fennel in the more flavor, so I like to make this ahead and let it sit all day or over night, then strain.
- Calories: 278
Keywords: gin cocktail, spring cocktail recipes, garden coctail, vodka cocktails for spring, spring inspired cocktails, herbal cocktails,