The Verdant Garden – a spring-inspired cocktail made with Vodka or Gin, spring herbs, cucumber, Chartreuse, celery bitters and lemon. Herbal, citrusy and slightly grassy. Delicious!
- 1-ounce simple syrup (see note for fennel-infused)
- 1 small Turkish cucumber, sliced into ¼ inch slices (about ½ cup)
- handful tender herbs, torn (tarragon, dill, Italian parsley, celery leaves, or mint or a mix)
- 4 ounces Gin (or vodka)
- ½ ounce Chartreuse (or an Anise flavored liqueur)
- 1 ½ ounce fresh lemon juice
- splash celery bitters (optional, but amazing)
- Garnish- 2 thin slices of Turkish cucumber and violets ( optional, or use a sprig of herb)
To make simple syrup, mix 1 part water with 1 part sugar (or honey) in a small pot, (like a 1/2 cup of each) and for a delicious twist, add some fennel fronds -the green leaves and stems from a fennel bulb. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. The longer you leave the fennel in, the more flavor, so I like to make this ahead and let it sit all day or overnight, then strain. The fennel elevates this drink 100%!!!
- Calories: 278
Keywords: gin cocktail, spring cocktail recipes, garden coctail, vodka cocktails for spring, spring inspired cocktails, herbal cocktails,