Vegan Curry Tofu Salad – Turn it into a hearty wrap, stuff into an avocado or served over a bowl of baby spinach. Flavorful and healthy! Delicious made-ahead for midweek lunches!
Here’s a versatile little salad to start your week off on the right foot. Curry Tofu Salad! It’s made with all kinds of deliciousness, while being vegan and gluten-free adaptable. Serve it in a wrap, or spooned over avocado or mounded over greens, or all three, for three different lunches!
Apples, cashews and celery give it good crunchy texture, cilantro and curry powder give it flavor, vegan mayo adds a delicious creaminess while golden raisins give it sweetness. The tofu is seared, holding its shape well, so it’s not mushy. And it is this texture of the tofu, in my opinion, that really makes this recipe stand out.
All in all, a delicious combination of textures and flavors.
Wrap it up, in a whole wheat tortilla, or in an avocado… equally as good!
The avocado adds a little more richness as well.
Or if opting for fewer calories, serve it over a bowl of baby spinach or your favorite greens.
My new favorite… Sunflower sprouts, add nutty flavor and a boost of nutrients.
Either way you serve this up, I think you will like it.
I’m already dreaming about making another batch.
Hope you enjoy this simple vegan curry tofu salad and make sure to show me all the ways you use it!
Tag #feastingathome on insta, so I can see!
Curry Tofu Salad
Vegan Curry Tofu Salad- Turn it into a hearty wrap, stuff into an avocado or served over a bowl of baby spinach. Flavorful and healthy! | www.feastingathome.com #currytofu
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: vegan main
- Cuisine: Indian
- 8 ounce tofu- extra firm or sprouted tofu, cut into ½-¾ inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pinch pepper
- ¼ cup cashews, chopped
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup celery- chopped ( or sub more apple)
- ¼ cup red onion – finely diced ( or sub green onion)
- ½ cup apple – diced ( or sub more celery)
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped ( or sub Italian parsley)
- ¼-½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2-3 teaspoons curry powder (start with two, add more to taste)
- 2-3 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon honey ( or agave, or alternative sweetener)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wrap up in a whole wheat tortilla ( or pita) with handful of greens or sprouts
- Serve over a bed of greens lightly dressed with olive oil, salt and lemon or AC vinegar
- Serve in an halved, salted, avocado.
With paper towel in hand, blot and press the water out of the tofu. Cut it into small cubes and gently blot again.
In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add the salt and pepper to the oil then add tofu. Sear on all sides until deeply golden, using a metal spatula to turn, repeatedly. Once most sides are golden place in a medium bowl.
Add raisins, onions, apple, celery, cashews, cilantro, and give a stir.
Taste, season with salt and pepper and adjust heat if you want to make it more spicy.
Make wraps or stuff into pitas with a handful of greens, or stuff avocados ( season avocado with salt first) or served over a bed of lightly dressing greens- arugula, spinach, salad greens.