Full of savory flavor this Creamy White Bean Soup with Gremolata is combined with basic ingredients that fit together in comforting perfection. Easy to make, satisfying and healthy! Vegan and Gluten-free.
The root of your problem vanishes when you cherish others. ~Buddhist teaching
Creamy White Bean Soup with leeks and rosemary, drizzled with Gremolata is super easy to put together. Simple but satisfying and healthy!
Cannellini beans turn silky and smooth when blended creating a lovely creamy base. Savory leeks, celery and carrots add full flavor and boost up the nutrition.
Rosemary is one of the few herbs that will winter over in my yard. Thank goodness! The piney flavor adds so much goodness to this soup. Do you know the phrase “Rosemary for remembrance”? Well, it is true! Many studies have shown that it boosts cognitive function and short-term memory recall.
Serve the vegan white bean soup with this zesty gremolata recipe. It adds the perfect balance. Fresh parsley, garlic, lemon zest ground together and infused in olive oil. This topping completely elevates the soup.
Ingredients in Creamy White Bean Soup
- leek (or sub onion)
- olive oil or butter
- vegetable broth or chicken broth
- cannellini beans (white beans or navy beans)
- fresh rosemary
- sea salt & pepper
- garnish: Gremolata
How to make Creamy White Bean Soup
Gather and prepare ingredients. Chope the leeks, garlic, carrots and celery.
Add olive oil or butter to a heavy-bottomed pot. Sauté leeks, garlic, and rosemary over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Add carrots, celery, salt and pepper, stir around just to coat with the leeks.
Add beans and broth and simmer for 25 minutes or until carrots are soft.
Remove half of the soup and blend the other half until smooth and creamy. If you want it super smooth use a blender. Combine the with the remaining soup, adjust to taste with salt and pepper. Reheat to serve.
Make the herby gremolata.
Spoon the Gremolata into each bowl. Garnish with red pepper flakes if desired.
More White Bean Soup recipes you may enjoy:
- Ribollita! (Tuscan White Bean Soup)
- Smoky Tomato White Bean Soup
- Pumpkin Soup with Leeks and White beans
- Brothy Tortellini Soup w/ Spinach, White Beans & Basil
- Instant Pot Chicken and White Bean Soup
Hope this Creamy White Bean Soup brings some ease and comfort to your day!Print
Creamy White Bean Soup with Leeks and Rosemary drizzled with flavorful, herby Gremolata– a quick and easy vegan meal. Healthy & delicious!
For the Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 large leek, 1 1/2 cups
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 medium-sized carrot, 1 cup chopped
- 2 celery stalks celery, chopped small
- 1/2 –1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2– 15 ounce cans cannellini beans, 3 cups, drained ( or white beans)
- 3 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- one batch Gremolata –find the Gremolata recipe here
- In a large pot, add oil or butter and sauté leeks, garlic and rosemary over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, salt and pepper, stir around just to coat with the leeks.
- Add white beans and broth and simmer for 25 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- While the soup is simmering, make the gremolata.
- Remove half of the soup and blend the other half until smooth and creamy. (Using a stand blender will get it really smooth). Combine the with the remaining soup and reheat to serve.
- Spoon the gremolata over each bowl. Start with a teaspoon and add more to taste.
Soup will keep up to 4 days in the fridge or can be frozen.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 154
- Sugar: 1.8 g
- Sodium: 529.7 mg
- Fat: 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.7 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: white bean soup, vegan white bean soup, creamy white bean soup, white bean leek soup, white bean rosemary soup, healthy white bean soup