Creamy White Bean Soup with Leeks and Rosemary drizzled with flavorful, herby Gremolata– a quick and easy vegan meal. Healthy & delicious!
For the Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 large leek, 1 1/2 cups
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 medium-sized carrot, 1 cup chopped
- 2 celery stalks celery, chopped small
- 1/2 –1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2– 15 ounce cans cannellini beans, 3 cups, drained ( or white beans)
- 3 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- one batch Gremolata –find the Gremolata recipe here
- In a large pot, add oil or butter and sauté leeks, garlic and rosemary over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, salt and pepper, stir around just to coat with the leeks.
- Add white beans and broth and simmer for 25 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- While the soup is simmering, make the gremolata.
- Remove half of the soup and blend the other half until smooth and creamy. (Using a stand blender will get it really smooth). Combine the with the remaining soup and reheat to serve.
- Spoon the gremolata over each bowl. Start with a teaspoon and add more to taste.
Soup will keep up to 4 days in the fridge or can be frozen.
Keywords: white bean soup, vegan white bean soup, creamy white bean soup, white bean leek soup, white bean rosemary soup, healthy white bean soup