This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Chili Lime Peach Chicken – a fast and easy weeknight dinner highlighting fresh juicy peaches and can be made with either chicken breast or thigh meat.
This Chili Lime Peach Chicken is very simple and easy to make- make it in one skillet in no time flat- perfect for busy weeknights. The chicken is a little smoky and subtly spicy seasoned with Mexican spices, and together with the peaches, it’s a match made in heaven.
Peaches are still in season here, and I can’t seem to get enough of them. I love cooking with seasonal fruit, especially in savory dishes like this because they add such beautiful flavor, color and natural healthy sweetness, complementing meat incredibly well.
Use chicken breast or thighs- For the photos, I used chicken breast, but upon remaking we decided we preferred chicken thighs -the overall dish tasted better, but you decide what is best for you.
Ingredients in Chili Lime Peach Chicken
- chicken: skinless chicken breasts or bone-in, skin-on thighs ( I prefer skin-on, bone-in thighs)
- olive oil
- lime juice, more for garnish
- Spices: chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne or ground chipotle
- salt and pepper
- cilantro, optional, for garnish
How to make Chili Lime Peach Chicken
Step one: Season and brown both sides of the chicken in a skillet, set aside covered with foil. See notes for grilling.
Step Two: Saute the shallots and peaches
Saute the peaches in the pan juices, with shallots, a drizzle of honey and a squeeze of lime juice. Just give a quick saute- keeping the peaches intact. Shallots add depth along with the pan juices.
Step Three: Nestle the chicken back into the pan, and continue to cook it through.
Finish cooking the chicken- until cooked all the way through. If using breasts, continue on the stovetop. If using bone-in thighs, place in a 400F oven.
Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro ( or scallions).
This recipe was adapted from an older issue of Cooking Light Magazine.
More Recipes you may enjoy
- Rosemary Chicken with Roasted Grapes and Shallots
- Crispy Skinned Duck with Roasted Plums
- Grilled Chicken Caprese
- One Skillet Creamy Orzo Chicken
- Chicken Cacciatore
Chili Lime Peach Chicken -a fast and healthy weeknight dinner highlighting fresh juicy peaches. Can be made with breast or thigh meat. 25-30 minutes.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or ground chipotle
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1– 1 1/4 lb skinless chicken breasts or thighs ( I prefer skin-on, bone-in thighs)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, sliced into thin rings ( about 1/2 cup)
- 2 large peaches, cut into 1/2 inch thick wedges
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon honey
Garnish: cilantro and lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 F (please see notes)
- In a small bowl mix chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, chipotle and salt.
- Season all sides of chicken generously with the spice mix.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat and sear the chicken, top side down until deeply golden, about 5-7 minutes. (If using skin-on, get that skin crispy!). Turn and sear 4-5 minutes then set aside, and cover with foil.
- To the same skillet, over medium heat add the shallots. Saute stirring often until tender about 3-4 minutes. Add the peaches. Gently saute for 2 minutes, turning them over after they just begin to soften and caramelize. Don’t over cook them here. Squeeze with a couple of tablespoons of lime juice and drizzle 1 tablespoon honey, stir carefully with the goal of keeping the peaches intact. Once they are heated through turn heat off.
- Nestle the chicken back into the skillet with the peaches, and if using chicken breast, just simmer until cooked through. ( 160F) If using thighs, place in the oven until cooked through.(165F)
- Squeeze chicken with lime and garnish with cilantro, serving in the skillet, or place all on a platter, spooning the flavorful pan juices over top, garnishing last.
Chicken: If using bone-in skin-on thighs, finish the chicken in the oven. If using boneless, skinless chicken breast, skip the oven.
Grill: You can also grill the chicken until cooked through, then nestle in the peaches. If grilling chicken breast, add a tiny bit of olive oil to the spice mix to create a paste, then rub this all over the chicken breast. If grilling thighs, use dry spices. Grill over medium-high heat to get a nice sear, then lower heat to cook all the way through.
- Serving Size: 1 x 6 ounce Breast (skinless)
- Calories: 197
- Sugar: 12.2 g
- Sodium: 1212.7 mg
- Fat: 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.8 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 44 mg
Keywords: peach chicken, chicken with peaches, peaches with chicken, skillet peach chicken