This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
How to make a healthy, homemade Blueberry Slushie with just two ingredients. Naturally sweetened with no added sugar, it’s a fast, healthy, refreshing treat, perfect for summer!
Cooling and refreshing, this healthy, two-ingredient blueberry slushy is fast and easy to make. Such a delicious healthy treat during the hot months of summer.
Blueberries are in season for a few short weeks, during the heat of summer in our area. Seek out flavorful low bush varieties at your local farmers’ markets – you’ll recognize them by their smaller size. They pack a punch of flavor and are more closely related to wild blueberries than conventional high bush varieties that you’ll find at the grocery stores.
What you’ll need
- Blueberries (Fresh or frozen)
- Orange juice
- Ice (if using fresh blueberries)
- A good blender!
How to make a Blueberry SlushIe
- Fresh berries: Simply blend up fresh blueberries with a splash of orange juice and ice, using just enough orange juice to get the blender going.
- Frozen blueberries: Blend frozen blueberries with orange juice, and skip the ice!
More recipes you’ll love!
- Frozen Matcha Green Tea Slushies with Almond Milk
- Homemade Strawberry Slushie Recipe
- Blueberry Muffins
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1-2 1x
- Category: Drink, dessert
- Method: blended
- Cuisine: american
- Diet: Vegan
A refreshing frosty blueberry slushie made with just 2 ingredients! No sugar added, a healthy vegan, gluten free, dessert or drink!
- 2 cups frozen blueberries (or see notes for fresh blueberries )
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- Blend the blueberries with the orange juice, scraping downs the sides as necessary. Be careful not to add too much more liquid, you want to keep this thick and icy.
- Pour into a large glass and serve with a spoon.
Alternatively, you can use fresh blueberries. Add 2 cups fresh blueberries to a blender. Add 1/4 cup orange juice. Blend until smooth. Add ice a little at a time until thick and icey.
- Serving Size: 1 1/4 cup
- Calories: 168
- Sugar: 30.4 g
- Sodium: 3.3 mg
- Fat: 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 40.8 g
- Fiber: 3.9 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: blueberry slushy, blueberry slushie
Addicting! Good thing Costco sells frozen blueberries.
I was told yesterday that I have reverse diastolic dysfunction. I’d like to eat what I should in order to help my heart.
Looks super refreshing!
Thanks Milie…it is, and healthy too.