What does Balela Salad Taste like?
How to make Balela Salad
You’ll need 3 cups of cooked chickpeas- so either soak and cook or use two cans
Chop fresh bell pepper, cucumber and tomatoes.
Mint, parsley and scallions give it a burst of flavor.
I really load it up with herbs- not only flavorful but full of nutrients.
Ways to serve Balela Salad
- As a side or salad to your middle eastern feast.
- In a wrap or pita with tahini sauce, or tzatziki
- Make a “salad” taco with avocado and tahini
We hope you love this salad as much as we have. It is easy to adapt to your preferences and can be repurposed in different ways during the workweek!
More recipes you may like:Print
- 3 cups cooked garbanzo beans- ( 2 cans, drained and rinsed)
- 1 red bell pepper-diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper-diced
- 1 cup chopped vine ripened tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 5 scallions, sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup fresh mint- chopped
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup Italian parsley – chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- zest of one lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sumac ( optional)
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon cayenne or aleppo chili flakes
- Optional sides –toasted pita bread, or tortilla wraps, baba ganoush, tahini sauce for drizzling, hummus, crumbled feta or a big bed a of greens.
Keeps up to 4 days in the fridge!
- Calories: 256
Keywords: chickpea salad, chickpea salad recipe, balela, balela salad, vegan chickpea salad recipes, vegan chickpea salad