For me, this means cooking and eating foods that are alive and full of nutrients- rather than ones that leave me feeling heavy and tired. Instead of saying, I’m not going to eating dairy or sugar, I gently nudge myself away from the mindset of “rules”, into the realm of feelings, remembering how wonderful it feels to feel vibrant, alive and energized.
Because cooking is a big part of my work and everyday life, I feel more grounded to the earth and its cycles when I prepare food that actually comes from the ground, when it’s grown in its true season. And yes, of course it is much harder in winter to always stick to this!
A healing turmeric juice made with freshly juiced turmeric root, apple, orange, beet, ginger and carrots. Aka, Liquid Sunshine!
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 1 glass 1x
- Category: drink recipe, juice, vegan, detox
- Method: juiced
- Cuisine: Northwest
- 4 medium organic carrots ( 4 cups)
- 1 small golden beet (optional) 2- 3 inches in diameter scrubbed and cut in half
- 1 orange (peeled)
- 1–2 tablespoons sliced fresh turmeric root ( start conservatively) peels are OK
- 1–2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 1 apple, cored and quartered
- Juice all ingredients through a juicer.
- Serve immediately!
Makes 2 6-8 oz glasses of juice
Keywords: turmeric juice, turmeric tonic, turmeric elixir, fresh turmeric juice, how to juice turmeric, turmeric juicing, juicing with turmeric,