This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Turmeric Lemonade, sweetened with apple juice instead of sugar and infused with turmeric and ginger. A refreshing summer drink and a marriage made in heaven!
Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity. ~Weil
I’m so excited to share this Turmeric Lemonade with you!
Oh my goodness … I’ve haven’t been this excited about a drink since Water Kefir, which of course, I drink religiously, but this healing “lemonade” is, seriously, the best. Sugar-free, it’s sweetened only with fresh apple juice.
Fresh squeezed lemons, ginger and turmeric root give it such a refreshing boost of flavor – but what I love about this most is its cleansing, energizing and healing properties. It’s like giving your body a healing, magical elixir.
Why I love turmeric lemonade!
Turmeric contains powerful anti-inflammatory compounds which sooth and heal the body. Here’s a list of my 10 Healing Turmeric Recipes, to help heal the body!
So if you are feeling tired, achy, overworked, groggy-headed, or struggle with swollen joints, this will help.
After a long hike or run, or a day of hard physical labor, this is a godsend.
Eastern medicine has been prescribing turmeric for thousands of years, and it’s not until recently that our modern science is beginning to catch up and understand its real potential. It seems these compounds are as powerful as “Advil” and prescription medications, believe it or not, without any negative side effects. Don’t take my word for it, do your own research and see what you find…it’s pretty amazing.
Turmeric is also an incredible “detoxer” – giving the liver a little boost of help when overworked or tired. It’s can help keep the cobwebs away in the brain, which I can always use. But most of all, I just love the refreshing flavor of this drink, and that there is no sugar added.
Ways to serve Turmeric Lemonade
I make a big batch of this and keep it in the fridge ( for up to 5 days).
Pour it over ice and if you prefer, top with sparkling water or gingerale!
Yes, you can even spike it for a party!
I’ve added bourbon, and vodka in the past- both super tasty!
It’s hard to believe summer is coming to an end. It goes so fast! Mornings are cool, and you can sense the change in the air. With all endings there are beginnings too, the coming of fall and all its brilliant colors and of course the fresh apples…. something to look forward to and embrace.
Enjoy the Turmeric Lemonade!
More recipes you may enjoy!Print
A flavorful summer drink that is not only refreshing, its healing soothing and detoxing. Made with apple juice instead of sugar, it’s a healthier alternative to lemonade! Spike it if you like for a refreshing cocktail.
- 6 cups fresh apple juice (either freshly juiced apples like gala – about 12-14 apples, or fresh apple cider with no sugar added)
- 1–3 tablespoons fresh turmeric root, no need to peel ( start conservative, taste, add more to taste) or stir in ground turmeric to taste.
- 1/8 cup – 1/4 cup, unpeeled ginger root- or stir in ground ginger to taste.
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice, more to taste ( about 3-4 large lemons)
- Using a juicer, juice the apples and place in a large 2 quart mason jar or large pitcher. Alternatively you can use fresh apple cider ( with no sugar added).
- Juice the turmeric root, starting off conservatively, then juice ginger and lemons ( peel the lemons with a pairing knife and put in the juicer.)
- Stir this with the apple juice. Taste. Adjust. It should tasted balanced, sweet and tart, with the heat of ginger in the background ( add more if you want) and a hint of exotic turmeric ( add more to taste).
- Note: if adding little slices of turmeric through the juicer, its ok to pour a little splash of water ( or the apple juice) through the juicer, to get the turmeric to come out.
- Keep in the fridge and serve over ice for a refreshing summer drink, or top off with sparkling water.
Feel free to spike it for a party- bourbon or vodka works great here. Just add to taste.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 123
- Sugar: 24.7 g
- Sodium: 10.6 mg
- Fat: 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.7 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 0.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: gingerade, turmeric gingerade, apple lemonade, ginger apple lemonade, turmeric lemonade