A flavorful summer drink that is not only refreshing, its healing soothing and detoxing.
- 6–7 cups fresh apple juice (either freshly juiced apples like gala – about 12–14 apples, or fresh apple cider with no sugar added)
- 1–3 tablespoons fresh turmeric root, no need to peel ( start conservative, taste, add more to taste)
- ⅛ cup – ¼ cup, unpeeled ginger root
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice, more to taste ( about 3–4 large lemons)
- Using a juicer, juice the apples and place in a large 2 quart mason jar or large pitcher. Alternatively you can use fresh apple cider ( with no sugar added).
- Juice the turmeric root, starting off conservatively, then juice ginger and lemons ( peel the lemons with a pairing knife and put in the juicer.)
- Stir this with the apple juice. Taste. Adjust. It should tasted balanced, sweet and tart, with the heat of ginger in the background ( add more if you want) and a hint of exotic turmeric ( add more to taste).
- Note: if adding little slices of turmeric through the juicer, its ok to pour a little splash of water ( or the apple juice) through the juicer, to get the turmeric to come out.
- Keep in the fridge and serve over ice for a refreshing summer drink, or top off with sparkling water.
- You can also make cocktails out of this, but I didn’t say that. 😉