Vegan Potato Salad with Mustard Seed Vinaigrette (No Mayo!) A simple, healthy recipe, that can be served warm or chilled- perfect for midweek lunches or make this ahead for potlucks and gatherings!
This Vegan Potato Salad with Mustard Seed Dressing can be served warm or chilled, perfect for making ahead whether it be for potlucks and gatherings or midweek lunches.
A light and healthy way to serve up our favorite root vegetable, this is made with no mayo! A delicious side to rotisserie chicken or fish, or perfect on it’s own as a light and engirding lunch!
This is the time of year we all could use a break from all the holiday indulging – I know I can! Yet, because of the chill and cold I find myself seeking heartier meals. The challenge then becomes how to eat “hearty” and feel full and satisfied while eating healthy at the same time. Potatoes are my secret weapon, because on their own, they are actually loaded with nutrients and low in calories, and very filling! The problem is we love to load them up with butter and bacon and cheese. Which I admit is hard to resist sometimes – but for the sake of my heart health, I’m trying to cut back.
This week I partnered with The US Potato Board to create a fresh, light and healthy potato recipe for the new year. To me, this Vegan Potato Salad with Mustard Seed dressing fits the bill, while not compromising on flavor. Cornichons (tiny little pickles) give it a texture and acid, and toasted caraway seeds give it a unique and earthy twist. Fresh baby arugula adds extra nutrients and antioxidants and of course a delicious peppery bite. The flavors marry surprisingly well!
If making this ahead, toss the arugula in right be fore serving!
The tiny potatoes are quickly blanched and then tossed with the other ingredients – so easy!
Right before serving toss in the arugula. If you don’t have whole caraway seeds, don’t fret, it’s good without, but they add the unexpected bite of surprise that elevates a dish.
Vegan Potato Salad with Mustard Seed Dressing (No Mayo!)
A healthy lighted-up vegan potato salad, perfect for make-ahead meals or served with roasted salmon for a light dinner(vegan and gluten free)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: salad, vegan, side, gluten-free
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Northwest
- 2 pounds tiny baby potatoes
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped cornishons
- 4 Tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, lightly toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups baby arugula
- Blanch the potatoes in a pot of boiling water until fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- Chop the scallions and cornishons and place in a bowl.
- Add the blanched potatoes.
- Add the mustard, olive oil, caraway seeds and gently mix.
- Stir in the salt, pepper and arugula.
- Place in a serving bowl and serve warm or at room temp. Salad can also be made ahead and served chilled ( toss the arugula in just right before serving so it doesn’t get too wilty!)
You could serve this over a bed of arugula or baby spinach for a delicious healthy and energizing lunch!
- Calories: 156
Keywords: vegan potato salad, vegan potato salad recipes, vegan potato salad recipe, potato salad no mayo, no mayo potato salads