This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
~Kamal Ravikant, Rebirth~
How to Make Roasted Lamb Chops
Place lamb in the hot oven, roast 10 minutes, flip, cook 10 more minutes, then flip once more and broil for a couple minutes if you like a crispy crust. Be careful not to burn while broiling.
Remove lamb from oven. Let rest 5-10 minutes, then slice and plate or platter over top the fenugreek sauce.
Sprinkle with fresh cilantro, toasted fennel seeds (optional) and chili flakes (aleppo chili is nice) if you like.
More recipes you may like:
Oven Roasted Lamb Chops with Fragrant Curry Sauce
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main, Lamb
- Method: roasted, oven
- Cuisine: Indian
A mouthwatering recipe for oven roasted lamb chops ( rack of lamb) with a swoon-worthy Indian Curry Sauce. For vegetarians, serve with roasted veggies or tofu! Serve it basmati rice. Perfect for a special dinner.
- 2 racks of lamb, Frenched (2 lbs each)
- 1 teaspoon melted ghee or olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1– 2 teaspoons garam masala
Indian Curry Sauce
- 1 tablespoon ghee ( or coconut oil)
- 1 shallot- chopped
- 3 fat garlic cloves- rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger- finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes (about 2 medium tomatoes)
- 1 can 13-ounces can coconut milk (do not use lite)
- 1 teaspoon dry fenugreek leaves – optional, but delicious!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or honey
Garnishes- cilantro, toasted fennel seeds, aleppo chili flakes
- Pre Heat oven to 425F
- Trim any excess fat, and pat lamb dry. Brush with melted ghee or olive oil. Sprinkle all sides with salt, pepper and garam masala spice blend (or use Indan curry powder)and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and set aside.
- Make the sauce. In a medium pot or large saute pan, heat ghee over medium heat. Add shallot, garlic and ginger and stir until golden about 3-4 minutes. Add turmeric, fennel seed and mustard seeds and continue cooking one more minute, stirring.
- Add diced tomato. Continue cooking and stirring for about 5 more minutes until the tomatoes break down some. Add coconut milk, fenugreek leaves, salt, and sugar.
- Stir, taste, and adjust salt. Bring to a simmer, turn heat to low and let simmer while you bake the lamb.
- Place lamb in the hot oven, roast 10 minutes, flip, cook 10 more minutes, then flip once more and broil for a couple of minutes if you like a crispy crust. Be careful not to burn while broiling.
- Remove lamb from oven. Let rest 5-10 minutes, then slice and plate or platter over top the fenugreek sauce.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro, toasted fennel seeds (optional) and chili flakes (aleppo chili is nice) if you like.
- The flavorful sauce can also be served over roasted veggies or baked tofu for vegetarians.
- Serving Size: 3-4 chops
- Calories: 550
- Sugar: 5.4 g
- Sodium: 1484.3 mg
- Fat: 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 14.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.4 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 33.1 g
- Cholesterol: 83.5 mg
Keywords: roasted lamb chops, oven lamb chops, baked lamb chops, indian lamb, curry lamb recipe, curried lamb,
Hi Sylvia~ I literally LOVE every recipe of your that I have tried! Thank you. For these curry lampchops, my sauce is super thin,,, is that what is is supposed to be? Ideas on how to thicken?
Hi Aimee- I would simmer it for a while uncovered until it thickens up. Using Lite coconut milk is not the best here- note sure if that is what you used?
Sylvia, is it possible to cook the lamb on the grill, monitoring the temp and timing per your instructions?
Yes, absolutely Judy!
The lamb was perfectly cooked per the instructions and the curry sauce was so good, my husband and I almost did lick our plate. I will definitely cook again. Thank you for this delicious recipe.
Awesome Sylvia- so happy you both liked this!
The curry sauce steals the show. Great recipe, love that it’s dairy free. Make the sauce a day ahead and it tastes even better!
Thanks Amit- appreciate this!
Made the recipe with Costco Lamb fillets. Those were thick and I pierced them with a fork. But very juicy and even the picky eaters in my home came back for seconds. Going to try again with mint sauce next time to cut thru some on the heat. But other wise very recommended. Thank you very much.
Gald you liked it!
I was on the hunt for an Indian-inspired lamb recipe tonight, and this was just the ticket! I used bone-in lamb loin chops and reverse seared them, but kept everything else the same. WILL make again.
I’m picky about lamb (because of the potential gamey taste) and my parents are picky sometimes about new flavors, but this was fabulous! Definitely going to make it again.
Glad you enjoyed Kim!
Followed the recipe to the T and turned out awesome. Was lip smackingly yumilicious!
Awesome! So glad you liked!
Amazing and easy!
This was divine – lamb lovers enjoyed it with grilled lamb backstraps & I enjoyed with vegetables – such a versatile as well as delicious curry. I managed to find some fresh fenugreek as well – all plates licked clean.
One of my favorites! So happy you enjoyed it!
This was amazing! Loved the flavors, so delicious and easy!
I got hungry just by reading it. This looks amazing, thanks for the recipe!
Leave out fenugreek? Never!