This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
~Kamal Ravikant, Rebirth~
How to Make Roasted Lamb Chops
Place lamb in the hot oven, roast 10 minutes, flip, cook 10 more minutes, then flip once more and broil for a couple minutes if you like a crispy crust. Be careful not to burn while broiling.
Remove lamb from oven. Let rest 5-10 minutes, then slice and plate or platter over top the fenugreek sauce.
More recipes you may like:
- 2 racks of lamb, Frenched (2 lbs each)
- 1 teaspoon melted ghee or olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1– 2 teaspoons garam masala
Indian Curry Sauce
- 1 tablespoon ghee ( or coconut oil)
- 1 shallot- chopped
- 3 fat garlic cloves- rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger- finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes (about 2 medium tomatoes)
- 1 can 13-ounces can coconut milk (do not use lite)
- 1 teaspoon dry fenugreek leaves – optional, but delicious!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or honey
- Pre Heat oven to 425F
- Trim any excess fat, and pat lamb dry. Brush with melted ghee or olive oil. Sprinkle all sides with salt, pepper and garam masala spice blend (or use Indan curry powder)and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and set aside.
- Make the sauce. In a medium pot or large saute pan, heat ghee over medium heat. Add shallot, garlic and ginger and stir until golden about 3-4 minutes. Add turmeric, fennel seed and mustard seeds and continue cooking one more minute, stirring.
- Add diced tomato. Continue cooking and stirring for about 5 more minutes until the tomatoes break down some. Add coconut milk, fenugreek leaves, salt, and sugar.
- Stir, taste, and adjust salt. Bring to a simmer, turn heat to low and let simmer while you bake the lamb.
- Place lamb in the hot oven, roast 10 minutes, flip, cook 10 more minutes, then flip once more and broil for a couple of minutes if you like a crispy crust. Be careful not to burn while broiling.
- Remove lamb from oven. Let rest 5-10 minutes, then slice and plate or platter over top the fenugreek sauce.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro, toasted fennel seeds (optional) and chili flakes (aleppo chili is nice) if you like.
- Serving Size: 3-4 chops
- Calories: 550
- Sugar: 5.4 g
- Sodium: 1484.3 mg
- Fat: 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 14.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.4 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 33.1 g
- Cholesterol: 83.5 mg
Keywords: roasted lamb chops, oven lamb chops, baked lamb chops, indian lamb, curry lamb recipe, curried lamb,