~Kamal Ravikant, Rebirth~
Roasted Lamb Chops with Indian Curry Sauce
A mouthwatering recipe for roasted lamb chops ( rack of lamb) with a swoon-worthy Indian Curry Sauce. For vegetarians, serve with roasted veggies or tofu! Serve it basmati rice. Perfect for a special dinner.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 4
- Category: Main, Lamb
- Cuisine: Indian
- 2 racks of lamb, Frenched (2 lbs each)
- 1 teaspoon melted ghee or olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- Indian CurrySauce
- 1 tablespoon ghee ( or coconut oil)
- 1 shallot- chopped
- 3 fat garlic cloves- rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger- finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes ( about 2 medium tomatoes)
- 1 can 13 ounce can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon dry fenugreek leaves – optional, but delicious!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or honey
- Garnish- cilantro, toasted fennel seeds, aleppo chili flakes
- Pre Heat oven to 425F
- Trim any excess fat, and pat lamb dry. Brush with melted ghee or olive oil. Sprinkle all sides with salt, pepper and garam masala spice blend ( or use Indan curry powder)and place on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Make the sauce. In a medium pot or large saute pan, heat ghee over medium heat. Add shallot, garlic and ginger and stir until golden about 3-4 minutes. Add turmeric, fennel seed and mustard seeds and continue cooking one more minute, stirring.
- Add diced tomato and their juices. Continue cooking and stirring about 5 more minutes until the tomatoes break down some. Add coconut milk, fenugreek leaves, salt, and sugar.
- Stir, taste, adjust salt.
- Bring to a simmer, turn heat to low and let simmer while you bake the lamb.
- Place lamb in the hot oven, roast 10 minutes, flip, cook 10 more minutes, then flip once more and broil for a couple minutes if you like a crispy crust. Be careful not to burn while broiling.
- Remove lamb from oven. Let rest 5-10 minutes, then slice and plate or platter over top the fenugreek sauce.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro, toasted fennel seeds (optional) and chili flakes (aleppo chili is nice) if you like.
- NOTES: The flavorful sauce can also be served over roasted veggies or baked tofu for vegetarians.