by Sylvia Fountaine, Feasting at Home October-1-2013
1 T butter
1¾ cup Flour
1½ teaspoon Baking Powder
½ teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon fresh ground Nutmeg
½ teaspoon Cinnamon
⅓ cups Oil
¾ cups Sugar
1 large Egg
¾ cup Milk
Brown Butter topping
¼ cup Butter
⅓ cup White Sugar
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1. Heat 1 T butter in a medium skillet and add diced apples. Saute on med heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
3. In a separate bowl, combine oil, sugar, egg and milk.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir only to combine. Fold in apples.
5. Pour into greased Bouchon molds or cupcake or muffin tins.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. For the topping, brown the butter over medium heat in a small pot until golden brown, nutty and fragrant. Combine sugar and cinnamon in bowl.
8.Shake Bouchons or muffins out of the tins while still hot.
9.Dip muffins in brown butter, then into the sugar-cinnamon mix. Let cool.
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Total time: 30 minutes Yield:8-10