Anyways… I hope you enjoy these apple donut muffins!
After they are baked in the oven and popped out of the tin, roll in warm brown butter and sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon.
It’s seriously impossible to have just one. 😉
Apple Brown Butter Bouchons (aka Donut Muffins! ) are very easy to make and oh so delicious! Baked instead of fried, they are rolled in browned butter and sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar. #donutmuffins
- 1 large apple- diced small (honey crisp, empire, pink lady)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1¾ cups Flour
- 1½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ⅓ cup olive oil (light is best)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large Egg
- ¾ cup Milk (or nut milk)
Brown Butter topping
- ¼ cup Butter
- ⅓ cup White Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- Heat butter in a medium skillet and add diced apples. Saute on med heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, combine oil, sugar, egg and milk.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir only to combine. Fold in apples.
- Pour into greased Bouchon molds or cupcake or muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- For the topping, brown the butter over medium heat in a small pot until golden brown, nutty and fragrant. Combine sugar and cinnamon in bowl.
- Shake Bouchons or muffins out of the tins while still hot.
- Dip muffins tops and sides in brown butter, then into the sugar-cinnamon mix.
- Let cool.