Instant Pot Baked Potatoes! Make fluffy baked potatoes in a third of the time! You’ll never use your microwave again! A simple fast recipe for Baked Potatoes made in an Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker.
Fear is a natural reaction to moving closer to the truth. ― Pema Chödrön,
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes! Make fluffy baked potatoes in a third of the time! This simple recipe for fluffy Baked Potatoes made in an Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker couldn’t be any easier – and it only takes 20 minutes! When they are done, it’s very easy to turn these big guys into a healthy satisfying meal.
Now, I bet some of you are wondering why don’t we just microwave them? Of course, you can, but they won’t be quite as fluffy. And if I’m being totally forthright, we don’t own a microwave. 😉
Instead of topping with butter and sour cream, how about topping them with your favorite Vegan Chili or sautéed broccoli? Even loading them up with wilted garlicky kale would be nice. Lately, we’ve been going the Mexican route because we seem to have these ingredients on hand- black beans, avocado, and Mexican secret sauce or Cilantro Sauce – keeping them totally vegan!
Over the years we’ve doctored them up in so many different ways and that’s really the beauty of a baked potato. Without the butter and sour cream that usually accompanies them, they are naturally low calorie and really filling.
HOW TO COOK BAKED POTATOES IN AN INSTANT POT!
- Place a cup of water in the Instant Pot. This is imperative! Pressure cookers and Instant pots need liquid to build up pressure.
- Place a steamer basket over the water. You do not want the water touching the potatoes or they will get soggy or mushy.
- Rub the potatoes with a little olive oil and salt, and poke with a fork in 3-4 places.
- Cook up to 4 extra-large potatoes or 6 medium bakers in one batch.
- Pressure cook times: 12 minutes for small potatoes, 16 minutes for medium and 20 minutes for extra-large potatoes. Naturally Release!
Set the potatoes in the steamer basket and set Instant Pot in pressure cook setting for 16 minutes on high.
If they are extra extra large increase time by a few minutes.
If you like a crispy skin like my husband, place them in a toaster over for 3-4 minutes ( on convection) to get the skin nice and toasty.
Try these Vegan Mexican Baked Potatoes!
Show me how you turn baked potatoes into a healthy meal. I’d love to see what you do! Tag #feastingathome on instagram so I can see!Print
Instant Pot Baked potatoes
How to make fluffy baked potatoes in a third of the time using an Instant Pot! You’ll never use your microwave again! A simple fast recipe for Baked Potatoes made in an Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Northwest
- 1 cup water
- 2 –4 extra large Idaho Russet Potatoes ( 13-14 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- generous pinch salt
- Place 1 cup water in the bottom of the Instant pot or pressure cooker.
- Place a rack or steamer basket over the water ( water level should be lower than the rack).
- Wash ( or scrub if necessary) and pat dry the potatoes. Poke with a fork in 3-4 places each.
- Rub each with a little oil ( just enough to lightly coat) and salt generously.
- Place the potatoes in the steamer basket and set pressure cook setting to high.
- Pressure cook on high for 16 minutes.
- If your potatoes are larger than 14 ounces, pressure cook for 18-20 minutes.
- Let pressure release naturally for the best results.
- To crisp the skin (optional) place them directly on the rack in a hot convection or toaster oven for a few minutes.
Make sure potatoes do not touch the water or they will get mushy instead of fluffy.
Do not attempt to make this with out water- Pressure cookers need liquid to get pressurized.
Keywords: instant pot baked potatoes, instant pot potatoes, baked potatoes in instant pot, instant pot potato