How to make fluffy baked potatoes in a third of the time using an Instant Pot! You’ll never use your microwave again! A simple fast recipe for Baked Potatoes made in an Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker.
- Place 1 cup water in the bottom of the Instant pot or pressure cooker.
- Place a rack or steamer basket over the water ( water level should be lower than the rack).
- Wash ( or scrub if necessary) and pat dry the potatoes. Poke with a fork in 3-4 places each.
- Rub each with a little oil ( just enough to lightly coat) and salt generously.
- Place the potatoes in the steamer basket and set pressure cook setting to high.
- Pressure cook on high for 16 minutes.
- If your potatoes are larger than 14 ounces, pressure cook for 18-20 minutes.
- Let pressure release naturally for the best results.
- To crisp the skin (optional) place them directly on the rack in a hot convection or toaster oven for a few minutes.
Make sure potatoes do not touch the water or they will get mushy instead of fluffy.
Do not attempt to make this with out water- Pressure cookers need liquid to get pressurized.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 1.4 g
- Sodium: 11.3 mg
- Fat: 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 40.7 g
- Fiber: 2.9 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: instant pot baked potatoes, instant pot potatoes, baked potatoes in instant pot, instant pot potato