- Place 1 cup water in the bottom of the Instant pot or pressure cooker.
- Place a rack or steamer basket over the water ( water level should be lower than the rack).
- Wash ( or scrub if necessary) and pat dry the potatoes. Poke with a fork in 3-4 places each.
- Rub each with a little oil ( just enough to lightly coat) and salt generously.
- Place the potatoes in the steamer basket and set pressure cook setting to high.
- Pressure cook on high for 16 minutes.
- If your potatoes are larger than 14 ounces, pressure cook for 18-20 minutes.
- Let pressure release naturally for the best results.
- To crisp the skin (optional) place them directly on the rack in a hot convection or toaster oven for a few minutes.
Make sure potatoes do not touch the water or they will get mushy instead of fluffy.
Do not attempt to make this with out water- Pressure cookers need liquid to get pressurized.
Keywords: instant pot baked potatoes, instant pot potatoes, baked potatoes in instant pot, instant pot potato