How adorable are these little guys? Strawberry Almond French Toast Muffins! The perfect beginning to Easter Brunch or Mothers Day Brunch, don’t you think? And the nice thing is you can customize them to your own particular liking. Take the basic recipe and change the berries to raspberries, blackberries, blueberries or add stone fruit in summer, apple and pear in fall, or dried fruit in winter. So versatile! Use whatever fruit is in season at the time. Add spices like cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg to further personalize. They are really simple to make and look lovely when done. Such a special treat for someone you love. And the smell that wafts out of the oven… utterly divine.
The Strawberry Almond French Toast Muffins are surprisingly quick and easy to make. Just mix in a bowl and bake. The adorable tulip style muffin liners are readily available at main stream grocery stores in the baking section.
Feel free to add your own touches…poppy seeds, spices, other nuts or seeds. Have fun with this. Make sure to use real maple syrup and real vanilla. This is really my only request.
French Toast Muffins are very transportable too… think special picnic in the park, or a fun Mothers Day outing. Happy Weekend!
Strawberry Almond French Toast Muffins
French Toast Muffins- A sweet beginning to your special brunch- think Easter Brunch, Mothers Day Bruch or even Valentines. Easy to make and can be made with any berry or fruit. Adapted from Donna Hay.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Brunch
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- Pre heat oven to 325 F
- In a small, pourable mixing bowl whisk ricotta, milk, eggs, vanilla, maple syrup and salt.
- Cut or tear bread into ¾ -1 inch pieces.
- Place muffin tin liners in each tin ( tulip style liners are particularly pretty here)
- Divide bread, strawberries and almonds among each muffin tin, tucking in the strawberries prettily, leaving some to show on the top.
- Slowly drizzle the batter in circles over each muffin, dividing as equally as possible.
- Bake uncovered, in the middle of the oven until golden and cooked through, about 35 minutes.
- Serve warm, dabbed with butter (optional) with a drizzle of maple syrup and sprinkling of powdered sugar.