French Toast Muffins- A sweet beginning to your special brunch- think Easter Brunch, Mothers Day Bruch or even Valentines. Easy to make and can be made with any berry or fruit. Adapted from Donna Hay.
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup whole milk or half and half
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, plus more for drizzling
- pinch salt
- 6 slices french bread, crust removed
- 12 small strawberries sliced, about 1 1/2 cups ( or sub blueberries or raspberries)
- 1/2 cup sliced raw almonds
- Pre heat oven to 325 F
- In a small, pourable mixing bowl whisk ricotta, milk, eggs, vanilla, maple syrup and salt.
- Cut or tear bread into ¾ -1 inch pieces.
- Place muffin tin liners in each tin ( tulip style liners are particularly pretty here)
- Divide bread, strawberries and almonds among each muffin tin, tucking in the strawberries prettily, leaving some to show on the top.
- Slowly drizzle the batter in circles over each muffin, dividing as equally as possible.
- Bake uncovered, in the middle of the oven until golden and cooked through, about 35 minutes.
- Serve warm, dabbed with butter (optional) with a drizzle of maple syrup and sprinkling of powdered sugar.