Emerald Kale Salad w/ Sesame Ginger Dressing, Avocado, edamame, scallions, pumpkin seeds and orange zest. A flavorful vegan kale salad that is healthy and Easy! Add seared tofu and turn it into dinner!
Life is a flow of love. Your participation is requested.
( Yogi Tea)
This Asian style, Emerald Kale Salad was inspired by a little something I found at Wholefoods. For the last week, we’ve been on our annual road trip down to California hunting for sunshine. In the past, it used to be difficult finding healthy fresh food on the road. Those days are thankfully over, at least in these parts -Wholefoods, Trader Joes and juice bars galore, so much as changed, I love it!
When we finally landed at our little Air B and B in Santa Barbara, I remade the salad, embellishing it a bit and liked it so much, I wanted to share it with you. Super easy, affordable, adaptable and flavorful. The Tuscan kale is massaged with an earthy Sesame-Ginger dressing, then tossed with scallions, nuts or seeds, edamame, and avocado.
It’s sprinkled with a generous helping of toasted sesame seeds and a little orange zest. Turn this into dinner by adding seared, crispy hot, cubes of tofu.
Hope you are having a happy weekend. xoPrint
- 6–8 ounces Kale- lacinato or tuscan, chopped small
- 1 fat garlic clove- finely minced
- 1–2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- pinch salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or Braggs GF Liquid Amino Acids
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1–2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- orange zest- of ½ an orange
- Optional additions – ¼ cup sliced scallions, 1 sliced avocado, ½ cup edamame beans, 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, hot seared tofu cubes.
- Place kale, both oils, garlic and ginger and salt in a large bowl. Massage Kale using clean hands rubbing the oil into the leaves for a few minutes.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, sesame seeds, orange zest and any optional additions like seeds or nuts, scallions, edamame. Toss well. Divide among bowls, Add avocado (seasoning avocado with salt) and optional seared tofu, and sprinkle bowls with scallions and more sesame seeds.