Meyer Lemon Bundt Cake | 60-second video
It is a Finnish saying…
I cannot tell you how many times I had looked at this without actually seeing it.
A few years ago when I was helping my mom pack up and move here, I finally asked her what it meant.
She translated it to: You can not teach someone to love, you must show them.
Sometimes lessons are born of suffering. These always get our attention, don’t they? Learn this now… or you will suffer more. HA!
More recipes you may like:
- Meyer Lemon Loaf Cake with Pistachios
- Vegan Cranberry Cake
- Homemade Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Breakfast Cake
- Berry Trifles w/ Lemon Cake & Coconut Whipped Cream
- Dark Chocolate Bundt Cake with Blood Oranges
One Bowl Vegan Meyer Lemon Coconut Bundt Cake…SO easy and delicious! Make this in one bowl, and pour and bake!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk ( 13.5–14 oz)
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest, don’t skimp
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (3–4 Meyer lemons) or use regular lemons
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (or sub Bob’s Red Mill GF flour blend)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut or flaked coconut, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven 350F
- In a large bowl mix ( or stand mixer) whisk sugar, oil, coconut milk, lemon juice, zest, and vanilla. Sift in flour, baking powder, baking soda mixing in batches. Mix well after each addition. Add salt and shredded coconut. Stir.
- Grease and flour a bunt pan well, and pour the mixture in. Bake 1 hour. (You could also make these into cupcakes, filling 2/3- 3/4 full and baking for 20-25 mins ). Cupcakes will bake faster – in either case, check by inserting a skewer or toothpick, if it comes out clean, it’s done.
- Let it cool completely before inverting.
- Carefully slide a thin knife gently down the sides to loosen.
- Invert bundt cake by placing a plate (or cake plate) over the bundt cake then invert both.
- To garnish: Sprinkle with powder sugar or drizzle the top with cooled icing. Sprinkle with more toasted coconut.
- To make the icing, simply mix ingredients together, let cool 10-20 minutes, drizzle over cake.
This recipe was originally from Epicurean Vegan with some slight changes.
Keywords: vegan bundt cake, lemon bundt cake, lemon bundt cake vegan, vegan lemon cake, coconut cake vegan