This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
You can not teach someone to love, you must show them.Finnish Saying
This simple, one-bowl, Vegan Lemon Bundt Cake recipe is incredibly EASY to make and oh so delicious! My husband Brian actually made this for me on my birthday, and if he can do it, I know you can do it – it is that easy! It’s a one-bowl recipe; just stir, pour, and bake. Using Meyer lemons adds specialness, but regular old lemons are great too.
Coconut milk gives it a decadent richness that I love. It’s a light and flavorful cake perfect for special occasions and holiday tables. Serve with the lemony glaze, top with fresh berries or toasted coconut if you like, or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Vegan Lemon Bundt Cake | 60-sec video
Lately, I have been receiving all sorts of gifts. Words filled with wisdom, chance encounters, and simple acts of kindness have left me feeling humbled. Gestures so unexpected and thoughtful they reach straight to my heart and squeeze.
I have been thinking about this lately, how the smallest gestures can make the biggest impact in our day and in our lives. I admit I am not always good at this. But all around me, examples keep pouring in, of how to be better, of how to love better.
When I was growing up, there was this magnet on our fridge that lived in the same spot for probably 30 years. My mom put it there after a trip to Finland. It is a Finnish saying…
I cannot tell you how many times I have looked at this without actually seeing it. A few years ago when I was helping my mom pack up and move here, I finally asked her what it meant. She translated it to: You can not teach someone to love, you must show them.
Sometimes lessons are born of suffering. These always get our attention, don’t they? Learn this now… or you will suffer more. HA!
More recipes you may like
- Meyer Lemon Cake with Pistachios
- Huckleberry Cake – Vegan adaptable
- Vegan Cranberry Cake
- Homemade Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Breakfast Cake
- Berry Trifles w/ Lemon Cake & Coconut Whipped Cream
- Dark Chocolate Bundt Cake with Blood Oranges
A one-bowl recipe for vegan lemon bundt cake with toasted coconut, topped with a lemon glaze.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk ( 13.5–14 oz) (or sub 1 1/4 cups yogurt or sourcream)
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest, don’t skimp
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (3-4 Meyer lemons) or use regular lemons
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (or sub Bob’s Red Mill GF flour blend)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut or flaked coconut, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven 350F
- In a large bowl mix (or stand mixer) whisk sugar, oil, coconut milk, lemon juice, zest, and vanilla. Sift in flour, baking powder, baking soda mixing in batches. Mix well after each addition. Add salt and shredded coconut. Stir.
- Grease and flour a bunt pan, really well, and pour the mixture in.
- Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick comes at clean and internal temp reaches 200F. (You could also make these into cupcakes, filling 2/3- 3/4 full and baking for 20-25 mins ). Cupcakes will bake faster – in either case, check by inserting a skewer or toothpick, if it comes out clean, it’s done.
- While it’s baking make this Lemon Glaze.
- Let the cake cool 20-30 mintues before inverting. Carefully slide a thin knife gently down the sides to loosen. Invert the bundt cake by placing a big plate (or cake plate) over the bundt cake then invert both. Firmly tap the bottom of the bundt pan a few times, to release.
- Drizzle the top of the cake with the lemon glaze. Sprinkle with toasted coconut before the glaze sets so the coconut sticks- or use powdered sugar if you like.
- Store the cake a room temp, lightly covered for up to four days on the kitchen counter. Or freeze.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 416
- Sugar: 33.4 g
- Sodium: 364.9 mg
- Fat: 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 58.7 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan bundt cake, lemon bundt cake, lemon bundt cake vegan, vegan lemon cake, coconut cake vegan